The Student Room Group

NEED STUDY TIPS for AS/A2 law

I'm doing AS/A2 law over one year alongside A2 maths to and I was looking for some advice to help me get the best grade I can :smile:

I'm hoping I can get an A because so far looking a the subject material I think it could be do-able and I was hoping for some advice from people who have done A-level law and got a good grade on study tips for as I go along (the work load is obviously larger because i'm attending AS and A2 classes) and general advice.

The stuff i've already been doing is trying to make the best notes I can, doing the homework set, flash cards with the case names/facts/legal principles that I look at in college breaks/on the bus.
Basically, if you could go back to the person you were when you started your A-level law classes and give them some advice, what would it be?

(and if anyone has advice for A2 maths that would be good too)

edit: do you guys think an A is achievable for someone doing AS and A2 in one year or is it a bit unrealistic? I'm not exactly as "gifted" as some of the people on here but i'm willing to put the leg work in as I have in the past. I'd also be doing all the exams at the same time around june 2014 so there would be a lot of pressure
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I've moved this to Law :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by cpdavis
I've moved this to Law :smile:

Okay thanks :smile:
still hoping for some advice if anyone reads this
Reply 3
AS Law is about just getting in the key points for AO1 marks, whereas A2 is about AO2 marks.

I'm currently seeking help on A2 but with AS I highly recommend making sure you have the right resources (text books, notes etc.) and trying to keep your information concise and clear, that way you'll achieve high marks because your time will be utilized effectively.

Aiming for a grade A is not unrealistic, just make sure you keep your focus on each topic and try to keep yourself motivated.

If you know where the marks are, you will begin to find things easier as I did with AS Law, I only achieved a C but if I was asked how to pick up the marks I know exactly where to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending