The Student Room Group

Can International Students Send Scores After the 15th of October?

Hi :smile: I'm an international student applying to Oxford University this year.
I'm aware that the deadline for applications to Oxbridge is the 15th, but I want to know if students who take the SAT in October can send their October scores to the college they're applying to.
I'm asking because I take the SAT on October 5th, but the results are scheduled to come out on the 24th. I know that A Levels and IBs have predicted scores, but I believe that the SAT does not. For US universities, you can send your SAT scores after the application deadline (for example, you can send the results of your SAT test that you took on November 2, although the deadline for early application in the US is November 1, although you cannot check your results before doing so). Is there any way I could send my SAT scores via mail or fax?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jenn26
Hi :smile: I'm an international student applying to Oxford University this year.
I'm aware that the deadline for applications to Oxbridge is the 15th, but I want to know if students who take the SAT in October can send their October scores to the college they're applying to.
I'm asking because I take the SAT on October 5th, but the results are scheduled to come out on the 24th. I know that A Levels and IBs have predicted scores, but I believe that the SAT does not. For US universities, you can send your SAT scores after the application deadline (for example, you can send the results of your SAT test that you took on November 2, although the deadline for early application in the US is November 1, although you cannot check your results before doing so). Is there any way I could send my SAT scores via mail or fax?

Not sure about SATs but I would think it's possible? Contact your college. At any rate, if you can't get your scores in on time for their consideration now, Oxford will simply set you a conditional offer later so once you get your grades, you just need to send it to them :smile: I did A levels in my home country and the results weren't out until after I got my offer - Oxford had no issues with that.

Re predicted scores, could you not get your referee to make a rough prediction?
Reply 2
Original post by mishieru07
Not sure about SATs but I would think it's possible? Contact your college. At any rate, if you can't get your scores in on time for their consideration now, Oxford will simply set you a conditional offer later so once you get your grades, you just need to send it to them :smile: I did A levels in my home country and the results weren't out until after I got my offer - Oxford had no issues with that.

Re predicted scores, could you not get your referee to make a rough prediction?

Yeah I'm going to try contacting my college about this. I really hope it works out. I have six AP scores and a significant amount of relevant international awards in terms of ECs that I can talk about on my personal statement...but unfortunately I miss the CR + Math score requirement for SATs indicated on the Oxford website. I think I'll be able to get a much better score this October...and I really hope sending the score report will work out
Original post by jenn26
Yeah I'm going to try contacting my college about this. I really hope it works out. I have six AP scores and a significant amount of relevant international awards in terms of ECs that I can talk about on my personal statement...but unfortunately I miss the CR + Math score requirement for SATs indicated on the Oxford website. I think I'll be able to get a much better score this October...and I really hope sending the score report will work out

Maybe put SAT pending on october on UCAS form, and tell them your score right away as it comes out. SAT is in 3 days right? Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending