The Student Room Group

i have a fear of going near the yellow line at the train platform?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SuziieB
Ever since I heard the news of a man pushing another man onto the train tracks, resulting in his death, I stay as close to the wall as possible.

There are psychos out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by aranexus
It's ok; you're a women :wink:

Original post by SuziieB
Are we more likely to be pushed onto train tracks? If not, then men should definitely be scared too :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was a joke, a bad one lol, in the sense that if only men get pushed then women would be ok... lol :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by SuziieB
Are we more likely to be pushed onto train tracks? If not, then men should definitely be scared too :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure. Women generally have a lower body mass. Therefore, are easier to push over.
Reply 22
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
Sure. Women generally have a lower body mass. Therefore, are easier to push over.

Your sarcasm needs a little polishing. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by aranexus
Was a joke, a bad one lol, in the sense that if only men get pushed then women would be ok... lol :smile:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2432931/Student-hit-train-homeless-man-pushed-tracks-refused-money.html

Yeah its sometimes hard to decipher a joke (albeit a bad one) from a couple of words online :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I feel your pain. I especially hate getting off the train as there's that gap between the train and the platform. I'm pretty sure it's wide enough to fit both your feet :s-smilie:
Reply 25
Original post by SuziieB
Your sarcasm needs a little polishing. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your right. I am terrible at conveying sarcasm on here and even worse at intercepting it.

You were on the right line, though. :tongue:
Reply 26
Your right. I am terrible at conveying sarcasm on here and even worse at intercepting it.

An attempt at a pun now? :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB
Actually it was a woman that pushed a man in front of the train in what was believed to be a hate crime.

Every underground train user's nightmare.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/nyregion/woman-is-held-in-death-of-man-pushed-onto-subway-tracks-in-queens.html?_r=0

Posted from TSR Mobile

my paranoia is on another level now :eek4:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by SuziieB
An attempt at a pun now? :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoil sport :rolleyes:

This is no joking matter, you've crossed a line.

OP, don't be so yellow-bellied.
Reply 30
Original post by Secretnerd123
my paranoia is on another life now :eek4:

Such occurrences are very rare so no worries. Most times I only feel safe if my back is physically touching the wall.

What I hate is when there is a platform on both sides. And no wall is in sight. Then my only option is to anxiously stand in the middle of the platform like a lost puppy. Or I sit down; I'd imagine it will be pretty hard to yank someone off a chair and push them onto train tracks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Spoil sport :rolleyes:

Hmmm...using alliteration now. I don't know where this'll lead :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB
Such occurrences are very rare so no worries. Most times I only feel safe if my back is physically touching the wall.

What I hate is when there is a platform on both sides. And no wall is in sight. Then my only option is to anxiously stand in the middle of the platform like a lost puppy. Or I sit down; I'd imagine it will be pretty hard to yank someone off a chair and push them onto train tracks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh i hate stations like that :/
yeah, the idea of standing near the yellow line kinda freaks me out. Once I was on a train and it stopped at the platform where it was really busy and an old woman was pushed so she fell down the gap between the platform and the train. Luckily she managed to get onto the train alright in the end but it was horrible to see :frown:
Original post by pink pineapple
yeah, the idea of standing near the yellow line kinda freaks me out. Once I was on a train and it stopped at the platform where it was really busy and an old woman was pushed so she fell down the gap between the platform and the train. Luckily she managed to get onto the train alright in the end but it was horrible to see :frown:

ohh nooo! did someone help her? i would've though she'd be electrocuted
Original post by Alex17595
Your fine at the yellow line. Its normally 1.25-2m from the platform ede depending on the line speed.If you don't like it just stay away until the train has stopped.

Ever been to central London? It's more like eight inches.
Reply 36
Original post by SuziieB
Hmmm...using alliteration now. I don't know where this'll lead :pierre:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was either that or buy you dinner. I figured literary technique was more sentimental :pierre:
Original post by Secretnerd123
ohh nooo! did someone help her? i would've though she'd be electrocuted

well luckily she didn't slip that far down so people were able to help, I'm not entirely sure what exactly happened though, it was quite a while ago, about 4/5 years ago
It was either that or buy you dinner. I figured literary technique was more sentimental :pierre:

OK,stop de-railing the thread and stay on track now. :naughty:
Original post by TurboCretin
Ever been to central London? It's more like eight inches.

Every train stops or goes slow through underground stations.

If the OP is worried they should stand and the platform section closest to where the front of the train comes in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending