The Student Room Group

Hypothetical 2013/04 - UN Bombing

Scroll to see replies

Algeria condemns this attack, whatever the cause. Should it indeed be terrorism, we will be swift to help combat the problem.
Original post by Superunknown17
France questions why picking an arbitrary country at random is the best course of action for leading a terrorist investigation.

We don't see why the US doesn't lead the investigation, it happened on their soil and as such they should lead the investigation. France will offer their support and proposes a joint task force for the investigation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, let's clarify. Greece is trying to suggest a middle ground country to negotiate things for when things come to light, sorry if anybody had misinterpreted that. Greece is trying to look for the best exit route out of the crisis, we're just laying the first of many options on the table.
Reply 62
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Greece has a suggestion. Israel, we definitely understand your feelings as to why you cannot lead the investigation, which is why we propose a country who is rather neutral towards both the west and the east would be the best candidate to lead this election. Greece suggests either Morocco, Poland, Ukraine or Indonesia.

We do, however, think you need to look into your personal relations with other countries. You have been alleged of a very serious offence, and if you have proof that you did not do it, you need to present it as soon as possible, You need to list your adversaries, and what advantages they could have if they successfully framed you. The sooner this is nipped in the bud, the better.

Israel thanks Greece for its vital input into the situation. Israel does, however, feel that if it were to list every adversary, we would be here for days. A plethora of countries could have targeted the US to frame Israel:

-Iran, in order to deflect attention off its nuclear production
-Egypt, to try and negate the peace treaty signed years ago and conquer territory whilst deflecting attention off itself due to the recent instability
-Any Middle Eastern terrorist group (Hamas, Fatar etc.) in conjunction with Lebanon, Syria and Jordan. Reasons obvious
-Russia, to have a 'little stab' at America for its own benefits and frame Israel so she can get away with it
-Rogue groups within the USA itself. There are many within the great country that feel that the USA should not make peace with Israel, thus causing this devastating attack to try and halt peace negotiations.

Original post by Superunknown17
France questions why picking an arbitrary country at random is the best course of action for leading a terrorist investigation.

We don't see why the US doesn't lead the investigation, it happened on their soil and as such they should lead the investigation. France will offer their support and proposes a joint task force for the investigation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Israel supports France's suggestion of the USA leading the investigation.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 63
Newsflash
Israel in cahoots with Iran?

Further information regarding the bombing of the UN Secretariat Building in Turtle Bay, Manhatten, has been released by the FBI, who is taking the lead role in the investigation.

In a shocking turn of events, the car can be seen travelling from the Israeli Consulate to the Iranian Consulate, where it remained for several hours prior to proceeding to the UN Complex. In further information, leaked from a source within the Bureau, it is stated that the Iranian Consulate received a large shipment of nitrogen based fertilisers the day before the bombing.
Reply 64
Luxembourg calls for a statement from Israel and Iran.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Israel urges the great member nations of the UN to pay no attention to the latests "developments" following the FBI's investigation.

First of all, Israel wishes to applaud the FBI for undertaking such a task, and recognises it is merely trying to do its job. Israel does, however, feel that the FBI is skipping corners when it comes to investigation. Just because a car was seen travelling from one place to another, it doesn't mean there was any transfer of cargo - and besides, the car would have had to have been searched at (at least) one of the three aforementioned buildings

In addition, let us not instantly assume that the nitrogen based fertilizers means that the Iranians provided the bomb - perhaps there is a new agricultural scheme?

Israel would also like to know how the car was seen going from one place to another. You seem to have narrowed this down solely to Israel, but are forgetting that any other country could be involved - Israel urges you to check CCTC footage (or such like) and see if there are other cars acting suspiciously.

Surely there may also be people within the FBI who have a natural dislike of Israel and Iran? It would not be hard to fix "evidence" so that the blame lay with us.

Finally, Israel requests this "source" be removed from its post. If it cannot be trusted to keep things quiet, it could endanger national security in the future. Whilst it may appear Israel is trying to remove a mole to protect itself here, Israel feels strongly that it will only benefit the US.
(edited 10 years ago)
Greece doesn't like where this is heading at all. We ask both states to give their side of the story. We also ask Russia or China if there is any information they can provide with regards to Iran as they are perhaps Iran's closest allies.
Indonesia asks for a statement from an Iranian representative and an official progress update from the US on the investigation.
OOC: does anyone know how long Kiss is banned for if not indefinitely?
Reply 68
Original post by Moist Penguin

OOC: does anyone know how long Kiss is banned for if not indefinitely?

I'm not 100% sure, it might be indefinitely. I can enquire for you.
The Republic of Ireland condemns this atrocious act of terror. However, we urge a full and impartial investigation before any action is taken against the suspected perpetrators.
OOC: How does a country actually undertake an investigation?
Reply 71
OOC: Sorry I've been absent

Original post by alexgr97
Israel urges the great member nations of the UN to pay no attention to the latests "developments" following the FBI's investigation.

First of all, Israel wishes to applaud the FBI for undertaking such a task, and recognises it is merely trying to do its job. Israel does, however, feel that the FBI is skipping corners when it comes to investigation. Just because a car was seen travelling from one place to another, it doesn't mean there was any transfer of cargo - and besides, the car would have had to have been searched at (at least) one of the three aforementioned buildings

In addition, let us not instantly assume that the nitrogen based fertilizers means that the Iranians provided the bomb - perhaps there is a new agricultural scheme?

Israel would also like to know how the car was seen going from one place to another. You seem to have narrowed this down solely to Israel, but are forgetting that any other country could be involved - Israel urges you to check CCTC footage (or such like) and see if there are other cars acting suspiciously.

Surely there may also be people within the FBI who have a natural dislike of Israel and Iran? It would not be hard to fix "evidence" so that the blame lay with us.

Finally, Israel requests this "source" be removed from its post. If it cannot be trusted to keep things quiet, it could endanger national security in the future. Whilst it may appear Israel is trying to remove a mole to protect itself here, Israel feels strongly that it will only benefit the US.

The US appreciates that Israel is cooperative with us on this and we thank her for not trying to divert our operations. However, we remind Israel that it is our priority to find the culprit of this crime which has not only affected the USA but our allies and international community. We understand Israel's position and believe fully that Israel, as a staunch US ally, would not be directly responsible for such an atrocity, we have to investigate every possible angle even if it can temporarily create distrust. We're sure that Israel understands, especially with the new weapons deal we have set up with her.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Afcwimbledon2

Not sure I'm afraid, if only I could find the link to the Guidance Doc!
Reply 73
Original post by Kiss

The US appreciates that Israel is cooperative with us on this and we thank her for not trying to divert our operations. However, we remind Israel that it is our priority to find the culprit of this crime which has not only affected the USA but our allies and international community. We understand Israel's position and believe fully that Israel, as a staunch US ally, would not be directly responsible for such an atrocity, we have to investigate every possible angle even if it can temporarily create distrust. We're sure that Israel understands, especially with the new weapons deal we have set up with her.

Israel understands the need to investigate every possible angle - as it would do if the bombing were in Israel and the USA were suspects. Israel is fully committed to finding the real culprit, and as stated before, will fully support the USA.
Original post by Saoirse:3
The Republic of Ireland condemns this atrocious act of terror. However, we urge a full and impartial investigation before any action is taken against the suspected perpetrators.

Greece agrees, which is why Iran MUST come to the table and give us her side of events.
Original post by RoryS
Not sure I'm afraid, if only I could find the link to the Guidance Doc!

Hyp runners and investigating parties decide? I guess there isn't a precedent set for this
The Iranian representative has been offline for 3 weeks and not yet responded to the role call.
Original post by paddlesnap
QFA
Reply 77

OOC: I figured I'd just keep posting news updates and maybe press releases later on...
Reply 78
Hyp runners and investigating parties decide? I guess there isn't a precedent set for this

This is probably the best thing to do yeah.

Original post by Qwertish
OOC: I figured I'd just keep posting news updates and maybe press releases later on...

That's a good plan.

You can decide whether investigations can be started or not. Consult me if you need any help. :wink:
Malta would be happy to help run/get involved with any investigation.

Quick Reply

Latest