The Student Room Group

Declaring AS module marks on UCAS?

Hi :smile:

Firstly I just want to make it clear that I know there is a sticky about this but the OP didn't explain it clearly enough and I'm waiting for a reply to my post in that thread, so I made this one.

When writing module grades for AS subjects, do I put modules I plan on repeating alongside my A2s this June as 'Pending' or do I put the grade I got the first time around?

If not, where/how do I have to declare any repeats I plan on taking?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Rrobba
Hi :smile:

Firstly I just want to make it clear that I know there is a sticky about this but the OP didn't explain it clearly enough and I'm waiting for a reply to my post in that thread, so I made this one.

When writing module grades for AS subjects, do I put modules I plan on repeating alongside my A2s this June as 'Pending' or do I put the grade I got the first time around?

If not, where/how do I have to declare any repeats I plan on taking?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Well if you are retaking an individual module, you put in 'Pending' for that module. If your are retaking the whole AS you put the original AS grade and then put in the same subject with 'Pending'

I presume you are talking about a module, and so you just put in 'Pending' which will affect your AS grade which should therefore also be stated as 'Pending'

Hope this helps.

Reply 2
Original post by KH94
Well if you are retaking an individual module, you put in 'Pending' for that module. If your are retaking the whole AS you put the original AS grade and then put in the same subject with 'Pending'

I presume you are talking about a module, and so you just put in 'Pending' which will affect your AS grade which should therefore also be stated as 'Pending'

Hope this helps.

Just for clarity and confirmation, here is my situation.

I got an A overall for Mathematics AS this year. Within that, I did 3 maths modules and got an A for 2 of them, and a C for one module. I am repeating that C but not until next June (after my application to university). So would I write A as my AS grade, A for the two modules I got that grade in and Pending for the one I got a C in?
Original post by Rrobba

I got an A overall for Mathematics AS this year. Within that, I did 3 maths modules and got an A for 2 of them, and a C for one module. I am repeating that C but not until next June (after my application to university). So would I write A as my AS grade, A for the two modules I got that grade in and Pending for the one I got a C in?

I heard that you enter the module again but in yor A2 section and put "pending". Why re you retaking the C though. I got exactly the same as you but I'm predicted an A* and I'm not retaking. Got As in C1 and C2 and a C in stats. My teacher said there's no point in retaking. He's also an examiner. You only need an average of 90% in two modules next year. It's extra stress of you retake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ahh, another question. For maths if I got AAC in modules and an A overall, surely I can leave the overall grade as an A and not have to put Pending. Yes I am repeating the C which will go down as pending, but the overall grade can't go down from an A even if I were to fail the repeat, so can I leave it as an A?
Original post by Rrobba
Ahh, another question. For maths if I got AAC in modules and an A overall, surely I can leave the overall grade as an A and not have to put Pending. Yes I am repeating the C which will go down as pending, but the overall grade can't go down from an A even if I were to fail the repeat, so can I leave it as an A?

You don't have to put the overall grade as pending. And I found out that the module you're retaking goes in your AS part were you put the actual grade and you show that you are retaking it by putting the same module in your A2 part and there you put "pending" for the module

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rrobba

Im in your exact situation!! Can I know what you did? So far I have my overall grade as an A and put my 2 A grades for Stats and C1 and put pending as my C for C2. Is that the right way to do it??
Original post by FlyHigh_er
You don't have to put the overall grade as pending. And I found out that the module you're retaking goes in your AS part were you put the actual grade and you show that you are retaking it by putting the same module in your A2 part and there you put "pending" for the module

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if you're not taking the subject on to A2?? I have an overall C for Chem but my breakdown is BBE. I put the overall grade as pending, put down my 2 B grades and left the E as pending as well.
Original post by Crystals1001
What if you're not taking the subject on to A2?? I have an overall C for Chem but my breakdown is BBE. I put the overall grade as pending, put down my 2 B grades and left the E as pending as well.

If you're not taking it to A Level then why are you retaking. But I that instance I think you put the overall grade as what you got, the modules you're not retaking - so BB- as what you got then the C as pending. I think though, so check up on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending