The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Anyone got any accommodation feedback yet?

After accepting my unconditional I applied for self-catered accommodation pretty quickly at Edinburgh. I haven't heard anything about accommodation yet. Has anyone got any feedback whatsoever? I think I read that they reply to your application in June.

Meh... I wanna' know where I'm staying. :rolleyes:

Edit: I should really have read the whole of the accommodation bit. Those with Unconditional firms don't find out until late July. Heh. Anyway. I'll leave this reserved till until then.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't had any answer..and I sent my application at the beginning of June. Let's hope they'll answer soon :wink:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
havent heard anything yet!
Reply 4
Lol don't hold your breath, I went through this last year, you'll be lucky to find out a week before you start. I know people who arrived still not knowing! Admittedly last year was a mess and they SHOULD of sorted it. Be warned, but also nothing you can do about it, so chill out and enjoy the ride :smile:
Reply 5
lol, after waiting for my acceptance and not recieving ANY correspondance, having to sort everything out myself I think I've already guessed accomodation is going to be in shambles when we get there in Sept (if I ever do)
Argh and I just realised I'm going on holiday on 13th July. It better be here by then...
Reply 7
13th of July... NO CHANCE!!!
Hmm this is not good...

I have another problem as I applied online & half of my confirmation of application e-mail was blank - it just stopped half way through! Does this mean maybe they didn't receive my application?? If they hadn't surely they would have sent out offer packs for accommodation (I'm Unconditional Firm for Edinburgh).

If anyone can answer it would be greatly appreciated

k
gremlins_galore
Hmm this is not good...

I have another problem as I applied online & half of my confirmation of application e-mail was blank - it just stopped half way through! Does this mean maybe they didn't receive my application?? If they hadn't surely they would have sent out offer packs for accommodation (I'm Unconditional Firm for Edinburgh).

k

Give the accom peeps a ring.. they'll be able to tell you!
Reply 10
Dogberry
Lol don't hold your breath, I went through this last year, you'll be lucky to find out a week before you start. I know people who arrived still not knowing! Admittedly last year was a mess and they SHOULD of sorted it. Be warned, but also nothing you can do about it, so chill out and enjoy the ride :smile:

But the accommodation is so expensive! How can they be so disorganised? If I don't hear from them by July 31st I'll be on the phone to them...
I go on holiday in 6 days dammit.
Shall we open a book. My money's on July 14th.
Reply 13
aa july 14th has past and nothing :frown:
Reply 14
My moneys on after August 17th
Reply 15
cinder
My moneys on after August 17th

No, I think the unconditionals will find out before the English results day because if they wait until after we've got our results there will be hundreds more applications to process, rooms to allocate and queries/questions/problems to sort out. So I would assume the UF will find out before then as otherwise Ed will just be giving themselves more work.

I reckon you guys will find out in the first week in August.
Besides, it's a Scottish university so it would revolve around Scottish exam results, not English ones.
Reply 17
Just got back from holiday. Not a peep from accommodation services! :rolleyes: (knew it)
gremlins_galore
Hmm this is not good...

k

Hey I had a similar problem and the accomm people asked me to simply fill in my form again online, it will automatically overwrite any other information stored under ur UCAS number.
Reply 19
I only found out a week before I was due to move up, so I wouldn't expect anything for a few weeks yet.