The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

The news section on the accom website now says something about 'early August'...so fingers crossed there'll be something soon!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Checked the uni news site for accom, cos the online system is new this year they have naturally (*yawn* i knw) had problems, so unsurprisingly there will be further delays which they decide to tell us a month after we should have been told. now saying that offers will start going out in early august, but i still won't be holding my breath.
Reply 22
'11 Aug 06
We are pleased to announce that we have now commenced sending out offers of University accommodation for 2006-2007.

We intend to send out offers to ALL prospective students who have applied (and are qualified) for accommodation within the next few days...'

HALLELUJAH

Full news page here: http://www.accom.ed.ac.uk/news/newsitem.cfm?MyID=41
Reply 23
i've just got mine accomodation offer. single-room in Pollock although i asked for a en-suite room.:frown: well, it's okay then ! i am happy with a single standard room too
I'm sorry, but this is really unfair.

I applied what, in March and I don't have an offer yet.
Reply 25
yay i have just received the accom offer email - but i dont have not yet received my username or password in order to accept it! i dont actually know where i have been allocated ugg :frown:

it says not to call them but i think i will
Got my offer, staying in Darroch Court my first choice! Just gotta find the money now to pay...
I got Warrender Park Road.

Gee, thanks Edinburgh.
Reply 28
How the hell is Baird House. I really, really wanted and needed en-suite :frown: :argh:
YES! Very happy as I just got my offer through. Darroch Court :biggrin: wooo go me! Lemme knw if anyone else is going there.
I am!
Reply 31
i wanted to go to darroch, but actually now that i think about it: Sciennes was my first choice and that is exactly what i got.

does anybody know what sciennes is like?
Reply 32
Just wondering... people who recieved their feedback, do you have conditional offers or unconditional offers. I would have thought they'd sort the accommodation offers after the results are out (ie, this sunday). I was thinking maybe we'd be able to get an idea on whether we were accepted or not by this, as they'd email the ones that got in with their offers and wouldn't email anything to ones that didn't get the grade...
Reply 33
I think you only get allocated accomodation when your offer becomes unconditional firm.
i'm getting so annoyed by this, I still haven't heard anything and I got my place confirmed last year! I reaaaalllly want to know, I'm gonna have to phone if I don't hear by Monday cos I can't wait any longer!!
Reply 35
im into pollock halls :smile:

grant house.
BillyM
Just wondering... people who recieved their feedback, do you have conditional offers or unconditional offers. I would have thought they'd sort the accommodation offers after the results are out (ie, this sunday). I was thinking maybe we'd be able to get an idea on whether we were accepted or not by this, as they'd email the ones that got in with their offers and wouldn't email anything to ones that didn't get the grade...

If you're waiting on A level results, or any other form of results, and have a conditional offer you won't get your accomodation details until the first week of September. It is only the unconditional applicants who are recieving accommodation details at the moment.

September seems really late to find out accommodation details, considering the move in day is the 9th, but the system must work. Some how!
actually this is the first year accomodation has been handled online by edinburgh - don't u love being guinea pigs for a potentially unreliable pilot scheme

anywho i got 1st floor ewing - is this on the ground or is it one floor up
Reply 38
I'm in bloody Warrender Park Road which is a *insert f-word here* mile away from George Square and next to the Vet School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They better have a good bus running.

None of my 3 choices and I applied early. Maybe they did it alphabetically...

Better calm down. Practically raging. I bet Pollocks has good transport :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aww.... I thought we got our rooms cleaned. A friend of mines went to Heriot-Watt and got self-catered accommodation
Reply 39
oxymoronic
If you're waiting on A level results, or any other form of results, and have a conditional offer you won't get your accomodation details until the first week of September. It is only the unconditional applicants who are recieving accommodation details at the moment.

September seems really late to find out accommodation details, considering the move in day is the 9th, but the system must work. Some how!

But on the website:
We intend to send out offers to ALL prospective students who have applied (and are qualified) for accommodation within the next few days

So I don't think you really know what you're talking about

Latest

Trending

Trending