The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Situational Judgement Test

Hey there,

has anyone had some experience with JP Morgan's Situational Judgement Test? I'm used to the usual numerical, verbal or even logical tests, but Situational Judgement..? Never did it before, never heard of it before.

I guess I've passed their numerical test b/c they sent me the new test 10-12 days after I completed the numerical.

Do you have any resources or suggestions for the test? Or experiences with it?

Thanks!
Reply 1
just got invited to one.. no idea
Hey,

I also got an invite but could not find anything on it on the internet. In case anyone has already completed it I would be happy to get some information! :smile:

Thank's
Reply 3
Hey,

I just completed it. Basically, as the name suggests, you are given work situations and you have to rank possible answers depending on how you would most likely behave.
No time limit btw!
Needless to say, I don't know how I did :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by london__
Hey,

I just completed it. Basically, as the name suggests, you are given work situations and you have to rank possible answers depending on how you would most likely behave.
No time limit btw!

Hi, can you tell me how long it took you? Also, do we have 5 days to complete the assignment (like numerical), because I can't seem to find how long we have. Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by nimoy234
Hi, can you tell me how long it took you? Also, do we have 5 days to complete the assignment (like numerical), because I can't seem to find how long we have. Thanks

Hi, it said it would take 20-30 minutes but for me at least it took about 40 minutes. I don't know what the deadline for completion is. Which program did you apply for?
Reply 6
i applied for trading, offcycle
Reply 7
I just completed the test as well. You'll get confronted with work situations as an intern in investment banking and trading and are required to sort the answers from best to worst. Questions involve topics like tight deadlines, unreasonable or difficult tasks and how you would behave in the given situation. JPM estimates the test to last about 20-30 minutes but it actually took me about 30 to 35 minutes. There's no reason (and no way I guess) to prepare for the test b/c they just want to gauge how one reacts in typical work situations. Hope that helps.

There's no deadline but I guess you should do the test in the next 2 days or so.
Reply 8
It is normal to be given the SJT rather than the numerical test or does that come after it?
Reply 9
Original post by uk_chip
i applied for trading, offcycle

hey, did you apply for the 2014 cycle? i applied for the 2013 cycle, and i did the numerical test in early September, and then my status has been under review ever since. do you reckon i have failed the numerical test?
Reply 10
hi guys, just a quick question. is it always the case for j.p.morgan to ask you to do the numerical and then followed by SJT? the reason why i asked this was because i applied for the 2013 off cycle internship, the deadline of which was August 31st, and i did the numerical in early September, however, my status has been under review ever since, do you think i should take it as i failed the numerical? i am pretty sure i got almost all the questions right!
thanks
Reply 11
Why not call JPM and ask for an update?
Reply 12
Original post by surfmonkey
Why not call JPM and ask for an update?

hi thanks! j.p, morgan is coming to my campus in two weeks time, i might speak to them then!
Reply 13
Original post by ellac20
It is normal to be given the SJT rather than the numerical test or does that come after it?

Hey Ellac,

Did you get the numerical after the SJT? I just got invited to the SJT but I thought it would have been after the Numerical.

I'm applying for IBD off-cycle btw.
Reply 14
Original post by f.r.
Hey Ellac,

Did you get the numerical after the SJT? I just got invited to the SJT but I thought it would have been after the Numerical.

I'm applying for IBD off-cycle btw.

Hi f.r.

I did get given the numerical test after but unfortunately I didn't do too well in the numerical so didn't get through to the next stage. Good luck with your application :smile:
Hello everyone! I just did the situational judgement test of jpmorgan. I thought there is no time limit at first, so I did it really slowly. But it actually has a time limit! So I did not finish all the questions. My application is now submitted, but the decision has not been made yet. Does anyone know if I can withdraw the application and apply for the same programme again?
Thanks for help!
Original post by london__
Hey,

No time limit btw!

Hello, I just did the situational judgement test of jpmorgan. I thought there is no time limit at first, so I did it really slowly. But before I finish all the questions, it submitted my answers automatically. The time limit is 1 hour. My application is now submitted, but the decision has not been made yet. Do you know how to contact the recruitment team? And can I withdraw the application and apply for the same programme again?Thanks for help!
Reply 17
Original post by dhbcassie
Hello, I just did the situational judgement test of jpmorgan. I thought there is no time limit at first, so I did it really slowly. But before I finish all the questions, it submitted my answers automatically. The time limit is 1 hour. My application is now submitted, but the decision has not been made yet. Do you know how to contact the recruitment team? And can I withdraw the application and apply for the same programme again?Thanks for help!

Unless you applied the first time around on a fake name there's nothing you can do.
Reply 18
I've just completed the SJT for the spring IBD internship. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to get back to me? My status is: Application Received

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending