The Student Room Group

My friend got a tattoo of 007 somewhere around his wrist

.... Given that I hate James Bond
Given that I hate tattoos in general
Given that I foretold he would look stupid with a 007 imprinted...

He went ahead.

So how long would he be happy with this terrible decision he made? I mean what kinda of an idiot would you have to be if you want to ink something that's based out of a silly movie?!

Good day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So it okay to have a 007 tattoo :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Given that it's not your wrist you have no right to comment.

Go away
Reply 3
Original post by Bubzeh
Given that it's not your wrist you have no right to comment.

Go away

This. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like it's your body, or you're married to them. Why do you care? Just don't look at their wrist.
Reply 4
I hate to break it to you, but when someone has a strong mind and knows what they want, they don't let the opinions of others stop them from achieving their goals.

You might find this particular aim of getting this tattoo stupid and/or reckless, but hey...just leave them to it.

James Bond, by the way, is most certainly not a "silly movie".
Reply 5
You mean your friend got a 007 tattoo on their OWN body, knowing you hate tattoos and James Bond? :eek: What a *******! Clearly he didn't think about how his decision to do something to himself would affect you...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Actually the first half of my post should be disregarded!

Main focus should be why would you ink something based out of a movie!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by lou_100

Too true.

It's many silly movies and also many silly books!

Spoiler

Reply 8
Original post by lou_100
I hate to break it to you, but when someone has a strong mind and knows what they want, they don't let the opinions of others stop them from achieving their goals.

You might find this particular aim of getting this tattoo stupid and/or reckless, but hey...just leave them to it.

Being a CEO is a goal
Getting a tattoos is just bs FYI

I am almost certain if it wasn't for my opinions he would probably decorated his entire arm with green goo!

Sure I love how a suave detective sleeps with every lady he finds and gets bitchslapped by one of those ladies only to save the day to our wonderful surprise

Maybe a good movie for people unlike me.... But to get a tattoo???!? Come on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
99% of tattoos are terrible, its not like this one sounds any stupider than average.
Reply 10
Original post by RedArrow
Being a CEO is a goal
Getting a tattoos is just bs FYI

I am almost certain if it wasn't for my opinions he would probably decorated his entire arm with green goo!

Sure I love how a suave detective sleeps with every lady he finds and gets bitchslapped by one of those ladies only to save the day to our wonderful surprise

Maybe a good movie for people unlike me.... But to get a tattoo???!? Come on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually a goal is desired result. If a tattoo is a desired result, it is a goal, even if you don't want to acknowledge it as a worthy goal.

Let him. If you don't like tattoos, don't get any yourself. If other people want them, don't care so much. It's okay to give an honest opinion - "I'm not keen on tattoos", or "I don't think you should do it" but the line appears between giving an honest opinion and being rude, mean and unnecessary about it.

It's not hurting you, is it..
At the end of the day it's his body.
sure, nothing wrong with it, I got it on my username :pierre:
Reply 13
.... Given that I hate James Bond
Given that I hate tattoos in general
Given that I foretold he would look stupid with a 007 imprinted...

He went ahead.

So how long would he be happy with this terrible decision he made? I mean what kinda of an idiot would you have to be if you want to ink something that's based out of a silly movie?!

Good day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, your friend's an idiot.
Hehehe that's cute.
Reply 15
Original post by lou_100
Actually a goal is desired result. If a tattoo is a desired result, it is a goal, even if you don't want to acknowledge it as a worthy goal.

Let him. If you don't like tattoos, don't get any yourself. If other people want them, don't care so much. It's okay to give an honest opinion - "I'm not keen on tattoos", or "I don't think you should do it" but the line appears between giving an honest opinion and being rude, mean and unnecessary about it.

It's not hurting you, is it..

No. You are just misusing the word to compliment your understanding. A goal is something that's achieved through effort, planning and time. Not going to a ****ing shop to get your skin stained

It doesn't hurt as such it's just that now I have a friend-with-007-tattoo which is crap to know (N)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SophiaKeuning
Hehehe that's cute.

You are not serious!
Reply 16
Why not? You only live once twice.
Reply 17
No. You are just misusing the word to compliment your understanding. A goal is something that's achieved through effort, planning and time. Not going to a ****ing shop to get your skin stained

It doesn't hurt as such it's just that now I have a friend-with-007-tattoo which is crap to know (N)!

No I'm really not. That is the plain and simple definition. Your interpretation is not official to the definition.

I think your friend is better off without your bitterness, so if it really pains you that much to have a friend with a tattoo you dislike, don't be their friend. I don't care if my friends are black, albino, disabled, can't speak my language, 90 years old. I don't care if my best friend wanted to get a tattoo on his face. I love my friends all the same. Clearly appearances are more important to you.

So, it's a crappy tattoo. If they mean that little to you don't speak to them again. They're better off without someone as shallow and quick to judge as you.
Reply 18
Original post by lou_100
No I'm really not. That is the plain and simple definition. Your interpretation is not official to the definition.

I think your friend is better off without your bitterness, so if it really pains you that much to have a friend with a tattoo you dislike, don't be their friend. I don't care if my friends are black, albino, disabled, can't speak my language, 90 years old. I don't care if my best friend wanted to get a tattoo on his face. I love my friends all the same. Clearly appearances are more important to you.

So, it's a crappy tattoo. If they mean that little to you don't speak to them again. They're better off without someone as shallow and quick to judge as you.

Pffff you are just too silly to swallow my definition. If it ain't official then now it is.

As far as my bitterness goes... We've been friends since my first year at unvi. I passed out, he dropped a year and he will graduate this year. I'll be seeing him again in a couple of months as he has invited me for an occasion involving his family and stuff.

Don't exactly understand why you had to ramble a boring I-am-not-racist- speech there. But whatever floats your bitterness :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
At the end of the day it's his body.

It is at the start of the day as well.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest