The Student Room Group

strong EVERYTHING

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AreebWithaHat
You still look pretty good tbh, I'm sure after your cut you will be pretty close to looking like your target. Keep in mind some of those girls are spray-tanned, under impeccable lighting etc.

I like my proportions but I look far too soft. I think that its true what they say you look like what you train like. I look like I have been strength training with low reps and heavy weights, time to get faster and more explosive I guess! Would love to look like the first girl, great arms you can see the outline of her core but still feminine - thats the dream! Love the second girls delts and the last girls conditioning is insane, I think she may have had some help tho.... mabe. Will also get a tan when Im near my goal lol!

Tonights Training 11/10/2013

Interval training bike

5 min warm up
30 sec on 30 sec recovery x10 (lvl 13) (lvl5)
5 min cool down

Bench

20 x13
40 x5
45 x3
32 x20 (widowmaker set, following sets 30 sec rest between)
32 x10
32 x6

Close grip bench

20 x15
20 x25

F Squat

20 x5 (5)

Stiff Leg Dead

20 x15 (2)

Stretching - 40 minutes

Really felt ill after intervals but I thought I would go play with the weights anyways. Physio said to start with the bar for the first session see how it feels and then add weight. So I left my ego at the door and just did bar work - no pain on squats at all but stiff leg still causing me trouble.
Reply 21
Not sure, are you cutting for definition or trying to get stronger? looking from pics your got a body lads would fap to, goodluck.
Reply 22
Original post by KingGym
Not sure, are you cutting for definition or trying to get stronger?

Cutting for definition - currently doing lyle mcdonalds generic bulking routine (adapted for cutting ofc) but I have been on it for a while - open to suggestions to change things up a little. Would like to maintain as much strength as possible though.
Reply 23
Rest Day

40 min stretching + hour dog walking
Reply 24
Original post by Amskyr
Rest Day

40 min stretching + hour dog walking

40 min stretching... wut m8
Reply 25
Original post by KingGym
40 min stretching... wut m8

Trying to get on that flexibility time for the splits m9
Reply 26
Original post by Amskyr
Trying to get on that flexibility time for the splits m9

m] m8, every lad likes a girl that can flex for splits ha, anyway goodluck
Reply 27
Original post by KingGym
m] m8, every lad likes a girl that can flex for splits ha, anyway goodluck

Yeah I just get into the straddle position and lie back and think of England lel.

Training 14/10/2013

Bike - 15 min warm up
20 sec on 40 sec recovery x5 (level 15)(level 4)
5 in cool down

Stretching - 1 hour - 15 minutes after sprints/45 in evening
Reply 28
Original post by Amskyr
Yeah I just get into the straddle position and lie back and think of England lel.

Training 14/10/2013

Bike - 15 min warm up
20 sec on 40 sec recovery x5 (level 15)(level 4)
5 in cool down

Stretching - 1 hour - 15 minutes after sprints/45 in evening

late trains, wheelie bins, miserable weather, public sector cuts
Reply 29
Looking good!

You probably already have a good idea about diet etc, but looking 'harder' and getting good condition is almost all diet. What's your diet like at the min?
Reply 30
Original post by KingGym
late trains, wheelie bins, miserable weather, public sector cuts

tea, forever losing at football but always wanting to belief, NHS, tolerance

Original post by Rugby234
Looking good!

You probably already have a good idea about diet etc, but looking 'harder' and getting good condition is almost all diet. What's your diet like at the min?

Thank you! Still very much a work in progress though!

I follow IIFYM and I normally aim for 1500 - 140 PRO, 100 CARB, 60 FAT - I just use this as a guide though. There are some days where I need carbs so I just go for it otherwise I am much happier on a a relatively low carb diet. I love all meat/seafood/dairy so protein always wins out for me over carbs. I do need to clean it up though as I just kind of do the sums in my head if that makes sense?!

Workout - 14/10/2013

Cardio - 40 minutes bike - low intensity

Was only meant to do 20 minutes but as the gym was so full I had to do another 20 whilst waiting for the weight room to clear.

Weights - only 25 minutes till gym closes at this point

Shoulder press

12 x12
14 x7 (PR)
14 x7

Bench

20 x13
42 x9 (speed)
42 x9 (speed)

Close grip Bench

20 x15
32 x15
32 x15
20 x25

First time with the 14s on shoulder press, I worried they would be too heavy but they were more than manageable, actually felt my shoulders for once. Only half the workout I intended to do, I was irate. Came home, watched made in Chelsea now going to warm up and stretch for the standard 40 mins - not irate anymore.
Is shoulder press DB's or barbell?
Reply 32

I assume it's dbs?

Ive tried IIFYM, but failed, i need too much food to keep going!

Amskyr, do you lift at a uni gym?
I assume it's dbs?

14kg DB for reps would be very good especially as girls tend to be weaker in the upper body by a mile
Strong coffee? :fyi:
Reply 35

They were with DBs but they were seated which I forgot to put, they have a seated barbell press which I would love to try but I have never done it and dont want to look like an idiot. Will have to wait until there is an empty gym! I live in fear of standing milly press as I have nearly taken my nose off on more than one occasion - DBs all the way lol.

If you dont IIFYM then what do you do?! Yeah at a uni gym atm - currently a student at the university of life lol

Original post by placenta medicae talpae
Strong coffee? :fyi:

Black Americano
Reply 36
Original post by Amskyr
They were with DBs but they were seated which I forgot to put, they have a seated barbell press which I would love to try but I have never done it and dont want to look like an idiot. Will have to wait until there is an empty gym! I live in fear of standing milly press as I have nearly taken my nose off on more than one occasion - DBs all the way lol.

If you dont IIFYM then what do you do?! Yeah at a uni gym atm - currently a student at the university of life lol

Well I feel like a dick... thought IIFYM was some sort of fasting thing, ha!

What's the seated BB press like? I've only used a few and find them pretty uncomfy, when un-racking/racking, and it seems to hurt my rotator cuffs, so go light when you first try it, just to see if you like the movements.

Military press is good just lean back! I've dropped all shoulder pressing for kettlebell/dumbell clean & press, feel like it does my body more good.

What's the seated BB press like? I've only used a few and find them pretty uncomfy, when un-racking/racking, and it seems to hurt my rotator cuffs, so go light when you first try it, just to see if you like the movements.

Military press is good just lean back! I've dropped all shoulder pressing for kettlebell/dumbell clean & press, feel like it does my body more good.

you meant IF I think!
Reply 38

I was so excited, I genuinely thought that you were going to introduce me to a whole new way of eating!

Going to try the seated bb on friday as its always quiet as people actually have lives and everything. I have seen people use it without any trouble so I know it can be done.

Yeah I will milly press again one day its just I feel it taxes traps much more than my shoulders - never feel it in my shoulders. When I was teaching myself to powerclean I was always wiped after a set - are db clean and presses similar?

you meant IF I think!

so many acronymz
Reply 39
Original post by Amskyr
I was so excited, I genuinely thought that you were going to introduce me to a whole new way of eating!

Going to try the seated bb on friday as its always quiet as people actually have lives and everything. I have seen people use it without any trouble so I know it can be done.

Yeah I will milly press again one day its just I feel it taxes traps much more than my shoulders - never feel it in my shoulders. When I was teaching myself to powerclean I was always wiped after a set - are db clean and presses similar?

Haha, I'm afraid I can shed no new light on dieting! I'd also suggest no one listens to a word I say about diet for the next few months during this 'bulk' of mine.

Yeah I know what you mean, maybe just drop the weight a little and do strict press? I can pretty much guarantee you'll feel that in your shoulders more.

Db clean & presses are a pretty similar movement, but you've just got to do it twice for each set... (as you only use one db/arm at a time).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvGEsrV1ssc - I'm **** at explaining, so the vid will give you an idea.

Quick Reply

Latest