Brighton
Reply 2
shuvle
Yes

That was helpful. :rolleyes:
Reply 3
ARGH! I don't want to go.
Reply 4
Me neither :frown: I can't believe I'm upset about leaving East Slope!

I'm pretty much packed and my dad's getting here at 9.30, I'm just worried it's going to take longer to get the car packed...
Reply 5
Though I don't know, even if they are pretty strict with the 10am rule, I'm sure the anger will be directed at the people who are still in bed, room in a mess, and they still haven't actually arranged transport home yet. And you know there'll be many.

As long as you're making the effort to be out early, I'm sure it won't matter if you're a bit late giving back the keys.
Reply 6
So everyone move out ok then?
Reply 7
randdom
So everyone move out ok then?

Yup though wasn't actually out til 12 due to intense car packing (would've thought I'd accumulate so much stuff?!) and also cleaning taking much longer than expected - and our flat was really not that bad so do not envy some people!

I thought i'd be sadder to go, actually, i loved my room and this year's gone so fast. Just looking forward to being in town though I think, campus was getting a bit claustrophobic. Dropped all our kitchen stuff round to our new house even though we can't move in til Tuesday - i'm sure hte current occupiers loved it!
Reply 8
I'm yet to move otu, though I am in private accommodation. Taking me stuff back in waves. Half today, half next Friday.

I hope the Argentina - Mexico match doesn't go to extra time, because dad's leaving to collect me when that's over.

Hm.
Reply 9
My alarm didn't go off, and I was woken at 9am by my dad ringing my room phone to say "I'm downstairs." Yuh.

Still managed to be done and dusted by about 10.30 though. And it meant that I slept through the decontamination of our kitchen. So, every cloud has a silver lining, it would seem. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Out with the old in with the new I say...
Freezer
Out with the old in with the new I say...

I was gonna post a similar comment, but I just don't need the god damn karma :p:
Reply 12
It's mad to think that all of you are moving out of the campus accommodation to make way for US little freshers starting in September :biggrin:
Squirly, they love it. We're fresh meat!

If you look at the Sussex website, they're going on about open days and the like for the 2007 intake. Eep! The first open day is 10th Oct, about a week after we move in. I have a feeling the first year is gonna go very fast.
Reply 14
ladyportacabin

If you look at the Sussex website, they're going on about open days and the like for the 2007 intake. Eep! The first open day is 10th Oct, about a week after we move in. I have a feeling the first year is gonna go very fast.

And you'd better not forget it, young'un. :p:

(edit: You're 23, I'm still 18 for another month. Ignore the 'young'un' bit.)
ladyportacabin

The first year goes very very fast...make sure you party hard in the first term because after Christmas the workload goes up quite dramatically...well, it did on my course anyway.
Reply 16
hallucination
The first year goes very very fast...make sure you party hard in the first term because after Christmas the workload goes up quite dramatically...well, it did on my course anyway.

I found the second term the best party term - everyone's more relaxed and settled in and maybe the workload is a bit heavier but at the same time you're more used to it... I'd got more into the swing of things by then! The first term felt crazier but i enjoyed the second term a lot more :smile:
Reply 17
At least you've still got a couple of years ahead of you! Leaving day's all the more scary when you get your degree results AND you finish Uni.

That said, Campus did look like the edge of a warzone on the 23rd - cars packed to the rafters with people's assorted **** everywhere!
Reply 18
At least you've still got a couple of years ahead of you! Leaving day's all the more scary when you get your degree results AND you finish Uni.

That said, Campus did look like the edge of a warzone on the 23rd - cars packed to the rafters with people's assorted **** everywhere!
Reply 19
Sorry but nothing is more scary than the 2 months after your A2 exams when you realise you cant do anything and gotta wait where everything is riding on a couple of letters A or B :

Latest