The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

M.Litt ISS/IPT?

Hi all, I'm a philosophy graduate looking to make a shift toward another area (one that's both interesting and more likely to land me a job than philosophy :rolleyes:). Currently my plan is to study the accelerated LL.B. but I am trying to keep my options open and the M.Litt ISS/IPT seem like interesting options.

I've got two questions:
1) Is there anyone here who has been on or know people on either of these two programme?

2) What are the links to public bodies (e.g., U.N., E.U., Scottish Government, etc) like?

Any help is appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Hi there.

ISS and IPT are VASTLY different programmes and I believe it is only possible to apply to one, not both, so make sure you read the course descriptions very carefully. IPT would be an easier transition for you given your philosophy background, but ISS is much more 'IR-oriented' than IPT. Neither programme has formal links with any public bodies, but many ISS graduates do go on to work with NGO and government agencies. It isn't unheard of for IPT graduates to do the same, but it is more likely for those with an IR-related degree at undergrad.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Tasha1986
Hi there.

ISS and IPT are VASTLY different programmes and I believe it is only possible to apply to one, not both, so make sure you read the course descriptions very carefully. IPT would be an easier transition for you given your philosophy background, but ISS is much more 'IR-oriented' than IPT. Neither programme has formal links with any public bodies, but many ISS graduates do go on to work with NGO and government agencies. It isn't unheard of for IPT graduates to do the same, but it is more likely for those with an IR-related degree at undergrad.

Hi, I wouldn't be applying to both but as of yet I'm not set on which interests me and suits my career plans best. Thanks for the insight!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending