The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex Applicants 2014

Hi everyone!

Since I couldn't find a thread for 2014 applicants, I thought I would start one myself.

I am applying for the Media Practice course at Sussex and the entry requirements are AAB. If you are applying to the University, share what course you are interested in!

Course:
Grade Requirements:
AS Grades:
Predicted A Level grades:

Good luck!!
:smile:

---

Connect to University of Sussex here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course: History
Grade Requirements: AAB
AS Grades: AABB
Predicted A Level grades: A*AA

I actually live fairly close to the University, so I've been interested for some time, and would really save me money in accommodation and travel. AS grades may be slightly below the Requirements, but hopefully the Predicted Grades and all the rest of the application may get me a place :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Watercess
Course: History
AS Grades: AABB

I actually live fairly close to the University, so I've been interested for some time, and would really save me money in accommodation and travel. AS grades may be slightly below the Requirements, but hopefully the Predicted Grades and all the rest of the application may get me a place :smile:

I started Sussex a few weeks ago on History/Sociology; I was predicted BBB, the offer on website said ABB, I was given BBB and I got A*A*C with acceptance. You will probably get an offer and if you don't make it, you'll still probably get in (you'll get sick of hearing this but its mostly true!)
Reply 3
Original post by tazzron
I'm going to Sussex University for sure but I went for a deferred entry so will be joining next year. I only live 20 minutes drive from the uni conveniently. I'm doing BA economics, needed AAB but got ABB and still got accepted. Seems like they're not too strict on most subjects in terms of grade requirements and it looks like a great uni from what I hear (and saw on the open day I went to) so definitely worth applying to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to know that they tend to be flexible! I won't get predicted grades since I just started at a new school and I'm graduating next year but I really hope I can get the AAB and if not, an ABB. Does the campus have a good vibe to it?
Original post by Siena4996
Good to know that they tend to be flexible! I won't get predicted grades since I just started at a new school and I'm graduating next year but I really hope I can get the AAB and if not, an ABB. Does the campus have a good vibe to it?

Don't cram in all the work right at the end like I did is all I can say! Yes, the campus has a good vibe to it. It's a modern uni (built in the 1960s) so no traditional Oxfordesque buildings or anything. What was quite impressive, though, was the scenery around the area, I think the campus is surrounding by the South Downs National park or something. Better than what you'd get with a London uni at least in that respect!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I loveeeddd Sussex! It was so beautiful and the whole campus vibe was exactly what I want in a uni , I put london universities down to fill space but i think it's either Cambridge or Sussex tbh. The only annoying thing is , if I don't firm Sussex I can't choose accommodation which means I'll probably be outside campus :frown: Maybe a good thing, get my own tiny flat?
Course: Law with a language (Spanish)
Grade Requirements: AAA
AS Grades: AAABB
Original post by hotliketea
I loveeeddd Sussex! It was so beautiful and the whole campus vibe was exactly what I want in a uni , I put london universities down to fill space but i think it's either Cambridge or Sussex tbh. The only annoying thing is , if I don't firm Sussex I can't choose accommodation which means I'll probably be outside campus :frown: Maybe a good thing, get my own tiny flat?
Course: Law with a language (Spanish)
AS Grades: AAABB

You may get allocated off campus stuff but there is a swap list that opens within the first week and a half that allows you to contact other students who wish to swap with you. Furthermore, you do get to pick accommodation if its your insurance but its unlikely you'll get your first choice on halls if it is your insurance place.

Furthermore to anyone who is wondering about halls, I live in Park Houses. Mail any questions etc if you want them answered and watch the youtube videos on which accommodation there is!
Course: Law
Grade Requirements: AAA-AAB
AS Grades: ABBE
Course: Sociology
Grade Requirements: ABB
AS Grades: BBB
Predicted A Level grades: AAA

Yeah my predictions are pretty good considering my AS grades but to be fair all my B's were pretty high and I'm retaking a couple of exams too :smile:

Anyone know how quickly Sussex generally reply to us? (I'm really impatient, haha)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Grade Requirements: AAA-AAB
AS Grades: AABC
AS Grades: ABBC
A2 Predicted Grades: A A/B A/B

I visited the university in June and fell in love with it. It's a really lovely place and i've set my heart on going there so hopefully they'll accept me! Does anybody know about the accommodation? I'm hoping for en-suite so maybe Northfield or Swanborough? Has anyone else thought about what accommodation they'd like? :smile:
Reply 11
Yay, Sussex! :smile:

Course: Geography BSc
AS Grades: AAAB
Predicted A Level grades: A*A*A

I haven't actually visited it, but the general consensus seems to be that the campus is really nice. (Am I right? :smile:) The fact that it's surrounded by the South Downs and Brighton is so close sold it for me!
Reply 12
Course:Mathematics with foundation
Grade Requirements:CC
AS Grades:CEEU
Predicted A Level grades:BDD

If someone could maybe give me a hint on whether this is too ambitious or within reach that would be awesome :smile:

edit: and also if anyone has any tips on how to revise subjects such as maths, business or chemistry that would be much appreciated
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Paramore<3
Yay, Sussex! :smile:

Course: Geography BSc
AS Grades: AAAB
Predicted A Level grades: A*A*A

I haven't actually visited it, but the general consensus seems to be that the campus is really nice. (Am I right? :smile:) The fact that it's surrounded by the South Downs and Brighton is so close sold it for me!

Just started here, and yes, it is a lovely campus :biggrin: We're in the middle of the South Downs, but it's just 10 minutes from Brighton
Reply 14
Original post by LaurenBlackout
Just started here, and yes, it is a lovely campus :biggrin: We're in the middle of the South Downs, but it's just 10 minutes from Brighton

Ah, yay! :smile: Good to hear, haha. Literally, those two things are so ideal for me! What course are you on?
Ah, yay! :smile: Good to hear, haha. Literally, those two things are so ideal for me! What course are you on?

I'm doing Sociology :') Thought about which accommodation you'd want yet? Also, Paramore are awesome ahh :smile:
Reply 16
I'm doing Sociology :') Thought about which accommodation you'd want yet? Also, Paramore are awesome ahh :smile:

Ah, top stuff! :smile:
Hmm, I'd had a look on the website and they all look decent... I think I'd look at what was pretty central on campus (and what was nearest my subject (geography) building, haha!)
Where are you? Any pointers for future reference...?

And oh god, I made this account back in 2009... which is probably when I last listened to Paramore! I just have to endure this username now. :colondollar: But yeah, I obviously did like them! :redface:
Ah, top stuff! :smile:
Hmm, I'd had a look on the website and they all look decent... I think I'd look at what was pretty central on campus (and what was nearest my subject (geography) building, haha!)
Where are you? Any pointers for future reference...?

And oh god, I made this account back in 2009... which is probably when I last listened to Paramore! I just have to endure this username now. :colondollar: But yeah, I obviously did like them! :redface:

Hahaha oh dear :P
It depends on your budget and whether you want en-suite or not really.
I'm in Lewes Court which is the mid-range accommodation, it's really nice :smile: Swanborough is the most central, but quite expensive..
:biggrin:
Reply 18
Hi everyone :smile:

Course: Psychology
Grade requirements: AAA-AAB
AS grades: AAAA
Predicted A level grades: A*A*A*

I also visited in June and LOVED the campus (and the library). They also had lots of nice veggie food :smile:

Good luck with offers etc. guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm a fellow Sociology at Sussex applicant! :biggrin: Where else are you applying?

Quick Reply

Latest