University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bluelezah
That was quick!
Thanks!
My acknowledgement letter I received is 19th October so hopefully, one week for me as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I wasn't expecting news so soon! It was a nice surprise :smile: What are you applying for?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 41
P.S. It updated on UCAS at about 6.30 yesterday evening but I didn't get an email from them until this afternoon. So check UCAS first! :smile:
All of you doing law will get in, I got an offer with ABB predictions and they were apparently in clearing for BBB this year whilst people got BCC :/

Plus I was in Northfield (best accommodation on campus minus no signal)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jd96
I know, I wasn't expecting news so soon! It was a nice surprise :smile: What are you applying for?

I'm applying for Business Management with a placement year.
This is so exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Hi guys!

Course: LLB Law
Grade requirements: AAA-AAB
AS grades: BCC
Predicted A level grades: BBB

I received a conditional offer on the 21st! for AAB-A*BB. I haven't been to see it yet, but I've heard good things.

It's nice that everyone's getting offers now! I got offered a place for English for AAA/A*AB
Applied for law with a minor in Spanish , and got an offer on the 21st but no email!

they offered me AAA or A*AB but I'm predicted A*AA - I'm always kind of annoyed when people with lower predictions apply and get lower offers! I want the lower offer! but then again if I did get lower I reckon they'd let me in anyway
Course: Law
Grade Requirements: AAA-AAB
AS Grades: AABC
Predicted A Level grades: A*AA

Got the acknowledgement email on the 20th so just waiting now!
I am waiting for Warwick (Economics) for long time but no reply for offer/rejection came till now. I have not achieved my IB requirements though I have good 10th exam grades, convincing PS as well as good extra curricular s (Sussex selected me on the basis of these three). I am worried because, I sent my application long (15th October) and they didn't even reject my application (as my IB grades are not sufficient enough) :frown:

Does anyone tell me whether Warwick gives rejection as fast as it gives offers?
Reply 49
Original post by Shady778
Course:Mathematics with foundation
Grade Requirements:CC
AS Grades:CEEU
Predicted A Level grades:BDD

If someone could maybe give me a hint on whether this is too ambitious or within reach that would be awesome :smile:

edit: and also if anyone has any tips on how to revise subjects such as maths, business or chemistry that would be much appreciated

lots of work to be done my friend :smile:

GL dont give up!
Reply 50
Original post by bluelezah
I'm applying for Business Management with a placement year.
This is so exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Good luck :smile:
Original post by jd96
Nice! Good luck :smile:

Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course: Journalism
Grade requirements: ABB
AS grades: AABBB
A level grades: BB
Predicted A Level Grades: A*
Predicted A Level grades: AAB - sixth form give the "best possible" predictions.

At first I won't lie, I wasn't keen on the idea of applying to Sussex due to it's location. But having applied to other city based universities, I thought why not?! I LOVE Sussex. Such a pretty, modern place. However not sure if I would firm it compared to Birmingham (which I paid £50 for to do the LNAT) but we shall see..
Reply 54
Got an offer for Geography tonight! :biggrin: Can't get into Track (luckily Sussex emailed me!) so I can't see the grades. :frown: But I assume it's AAB. Hooray!
Course: Chemistry with a year in industry
Grade Requirements: AAB
Predicted A Level grades: AAB

Got my offer a few days ago, does anyone on here know how good the course is there or reputation with industrial firms? Would love to hear from any current chemistry students at Sussex and what they think of the overall course and place! :smile:
Original post by micksocurly
Predicted A Level grades: AAB - sixth form give the "best possible" predictions.

At first I won't lie, I wasn't keen on the idea of applying to Sussex due to it's location. But having applied to other city based universities, I thought why not?! I LOVE Sussex. Such a pretty, modern place. However not sure if I would firm it compared to Birmingham (which I paid £50 for to do the LNAT) but we shall see..

You can get to London in under an hour so it's not completely in the middle of nowhere! And Brighton is a fairly big place too - perhaps not size wise but they have all the usual shops, etc
Got an offer for law yesterday! :biggrin:
Original post by chloannabelle
Got an offer for law yesterday! :biggrin:

Congratulations!
they emailed me saying I have an offer but it doesn't appear on track.
I really want to see my offer!!! annoyed.:mad: yet :biggrin:

Edit: Track updated! But their offer is unexpected...
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply