The Student Room Group

Am i good enough for electronic and electrical engineering?

Hello, i will be applying to a university in a few weeks and i am considering civil or electrical and electronic engineering, i think i find EEE more interesting so would prefer that but i am concerned about the difficulty of the course. I am doing A2 maths, physics, chemistry (scraped A's at AS in all 3). I worked really hard at As for those grades and don't consider myself as intelligent as others who got the same grades. At uni will i be able to get help if i need it because i don't understand something etc? I'm panicking a little as i've been reading that all engineering degrees are tough especially EEE and the only person that i know currently studying EEE probably has an IQ of a genius or close and even they admitted it's tough.

My GCSE's are A's, 1 B and 2 A*s, i have no work experience in either engineering, received 4 A's at As but like i said before low UMS probably about 83% across all 4 subjects. What are the best uni's i can apply for and receive an offer (for either CE or EEE), do i stand a chance for bristol, leeds, bath, imperial?

Which engineering has better job prospects in UK and worldwide? What is the typical job like for CE and EEE? Do CE's ever design buildings or mostly bridges, roads, sewage systems etc? Which course involves less computer programming?

I would prefer advice from postgraduates or students currently studying one of the two courses but will appreciate all replies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest