The Student Room Group

John Lewis group assessment

I have a group assessment at John Lewis on Monday for the Christmas temporary partners and I'm SO nervous. I know it's important to showcase my personality and such but I'm scared I'll be easily overpowered but other people in the group, even though I'm outgoing.
Also, I'm not sure if wearing a knee length black pinafore style dress and a blazer is appropriate?
Goodness me, I'm just scared (this is my first ever interview, I'm 17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Just had mine yesterday, it was totally not what I expected. Don't worry about it though, it was really laid back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Assassinn
Just had mine yesterday, it was totally not what I expected. Don't worry about it though, it was really laid back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what were the tasks? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by marii7
what were the tasks? :smile:

How did it go? and what were the tasks, mine is on wednesday
Reply 4
Original post by cee-
How did it go? and what were the tasks, mine is on wednesday

I thought it went really well! And then I didn't get the job...felt really upset to be honest
In groups, we had to introduce ourselves and then had to select a product out of five which we thought would boost sales and make a presentation to our assessor. Then, we had to pick four out of a list of other retailers and say positive and negative things about each. It was really laid back, enjoyable, and I met some lovely people.
I'm really gutted I didn't get an offer. I emailed them asking them for feedback and they never got back to me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by marii7
I thought it went really well! And then I didn't get the job...felt really upset to be honest
In groups, we had to introduce ourselves and then had to select a product out of five which we thought would boost sales and make a presentation to our assessor. Then, we had to pick four out of a list of other retailers and say positive and negative things about each. It was really laid back, enjoyable, and I met some lovely people.
I'm really gutted I didn't get an offer. I emailed them asking them for feedback and they never got back to me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks for the info.
Ohh I see; I'm not gonna get my hopes up then I heard their interviews are hard:confused: to pass?
I guess they only pick a certain number of candidates from each of the interviews because they are still interviewing people next week. Good luck with your job search!
Reply 6
Original post by cee-
Ah thanks for the info.
Ohh I see; I'm not gonna get my hopes up then I heard their interviews are hard:confused: to pass?
I guess they only pick a certain number of candidates from each of the interviews because they are still interviewing people next week. Good luck with your job search!

Good luck to you! Everyone at my assessment got through to the interview stage and we all had interviews, and I thought that went well too which was annoying. It might be something to do with my lack of flexibility since I'm in school, I don't know...
Hope you do well though :-))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by marii7
Good luck to you! Everyone at my assessment got through to the interview stage and we all had interviews, and I thought that went well too which was annoying. It might be something to do with my lack of flexibility since I'm in school, I don't know...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally just saw this, my apologies for not replying sooner. I got the same reply from the John Lewis I interviewed at first which I also thought went well, sent them an email for feedback which I still haven't received yet and still waiting. Was this for Stratford by any chance? As im sure you saw, the assessment wasn't something one could actually practise or prepare for.

For any subsequent readers, im going to write up my experience as ive been to both assessments at Stratford and Oxford and post it soon to help you get an idea of what to expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by marii7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for even getting to the assessment stage cos that is tough anyway. Did they tell you that you haven't got the job but you have been put on hold? Cos thats what i was told then a week later i got an email saying i got another new job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Emilyxoxo
Well done for even getting to the assessment stage cos that is tough anyway. Did they tell you that you haven't got the job but you have been put on hold? Cos thats what i was told then a week later i got an email saying i got another new job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I had a John Lewis Assesment day at just over a week ago, and i havent heard anything since, no rejection email nothing. Should i call up? Baring in mind it is the Oxford Street store, probably the biggest store in the country...
Reply 10
Heya,

I was put on hold after being successful at my group assessment and I have recently received an email which suggests that I have been offered a job... however, I was asked to apply as if I hadn't passed previously and I got an email to say that I had failed... This job has not been made public and I don't see how I could have failed the judgement tests if I was lead to believe I was being offered this position?

Can someone please offer me some advice?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending