The Student Room Group

New and Lonely in London . How to make friends?

Hi,
I just moved to London to study a research degree at King's college and I want to make friends . As postgraduate I have limited number of optional lectures to attend which make my chance of making friend very narrow. I wonder how I could make friends to go out with and share activities, any tips? Do people in London mix easily regardless age , religion ,and ethnicity ? if yes how to find and approach them?

My information tags:

International student
Black
wear hijab
interested in culture ,films ,and theater.
I don't drink
Reply 1
Yepp they doo.. Take it your muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I just moved to London to study a research degree at King's college and I want to make friends . As postgraduate I have limited number of optional lectures to attend which make my chance of making friend very narrow. I wonder how I could make friends to go out with and share activities, any tips? Do people in London mix easily regardless age , religion ,and ethnicity ? if yes how to find and approach them?

My information tags:

International student
Black
wear hijab
interested in culture ,films ,and theater.
I don't drink

I've just moved out of London for university and I MISS IT SO MUCH! You are so lucky, if your looking to meet new people there is no better place to be than London! Everyone mixes regardless of ethnicity or whatever, it is so multi-cultural you'd struggle to stay in strict groups.

Join lots of your societies, but also just join local London clubs. There's all sorts like London hyde park runners, sports clubs, debating societies etc etc. there is so much! Many theatre clubs, you can even volunteer to work at theatres. Many people also meet people at the gym, the one I went to was quite sociable.

Good luck, and enjoy London for every opportunity it has to offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending