The Student Room Group

Girls - If a guy has had sex with other guys in the past

If you were in the early stages of dating a guy, first few dates, and found out he has had sex with other guys in the past, would that put you off at all? Or change how you felt about him etc?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Uuughhh
Definitely put me off
Obviously change what I feel about him.

he's GAY ..simple
Original post by Hellcat12
Uuughhh
Definitely put me off

he's GAY ..simple

Not necessarily, he could be bi, pan etc.
Reply 3
Original post by shadowdweller
Not necessarily, he could be bi, pan etc.

Maybe
but would a heterosexual prefer that?
i am talking about myself

don't know about rest
Reply 4
Uuughhh
Definitely put me off

he's GAY ..simple

Why does being interested in men immediately mean you are exclusively interested in men? You're implying bisexuals and pansexuals just don't exist.
Maybe
but would a heterosexual prefer that?
i am talking about myself

don't know about rest

You're free to prefer what you like, I was just pointing out that it wasn't accurate to say he's gay, necessarily :smile:
Original post by CJKay
Why does being interested in men immediately mean you are exclusively interested in men? You're implying bisexuals and pansexuals just don't exist.
Yes i think girls that hate gays are just as stupid as man who hate lesbians,,, The fact that topicoper finded this one guy intresting in the first place should tell that there is really something about him that she thinks is pleassant or intresting, so i would advice this girl to give the boy another chance !
I'm bi and it's been an issue in two relationships: one with a guy, and one with a girl. Both were convinced I would cheat on them with the other gender. I've never once cheated on anyone. Incidentally, the only people who have cheated on me have been straight. Go figure!

It's a shame if it puts you off because if someone is with you then they want to be with you. What's in the past should stay in the past. However, if it does bother there's no point pretending it doesn't.
Original post by edwinemanuelposse
Yes i think girls that hate gays are just as stupid as man who hate lesbians,,, The fact that topicoper finded this one guy intresting in the first place should tell that there is really something about him that she thinks is pleassant or intresting, so i would advice this girl to give the boy another chance !

Who hates lebians????:biggrin:
Reply 9
Thanks for the responses, although I should point out I am not talking about a guy being gay.

I mean if you were dating a guy and you found out (either through him telling you or some other way) that he was bisexual and had slept with other guys in the past, would that put you off dating him in any way?
Reply 10
Hmm, I'd like to say it wouldn't put me off but I don't know having not been in that situation. If someone is dating you its because they want to; they like you. If he's open enough to tell me he's had sex with men in the past then I'd assume he's comfortable with his sexuality and I wouldn't feel insecure. That being said, I've never been in that situation before - so I don't know!
Original post by Lotus_Eater
I'm bi and it's been an issue in two relationships....

That's interesting... I'm a straight girl dating a bi guy and it doesn't bother me at all, tbh it makes him more interesting. He is very open about his sexuality and feelings unlike the straight guys I've dated and is totally helping me to come out of my shell sexually. It's kind of fun checking out guys together- I guess we're both quite un-jealous types.
Reply 12
Wouldn't bother me :smile:
Personally I wouldn't
But not due to the act itself, but due to the fact that I am an extremely jealous person (At least I admit it!) I'd be very paranoid that they might be tempted to try a guy again even if they wouldn't.
I would feel uncomfortable just knowing it, I have nothing against gay people or bi, I just prefer to not know these things about people. Though I don't like hearing about other peoples sexual relations at all, so it's not just because it was with someone of the same Gender. Hearing about other people's exploits makes me feel queasy and dirty. I honestly would prefer the guy I'm dating to not tell me about past relationship and as long as he doesn't cheat I'd be fine.
It would give me doubts about his sexuality, creepy to think I might be cheated on with a guy. Not being homophobic, just a personal preference :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by jimmyclyro
Thanks for the responses, although I should point out I am not talking about a guy being gay.

I mean if you were dating a guy and you found out (either through him telling you or some other way) that he was bisexual and had slept with other guys in the past, would that put you off dating him in any way?

No, not at all. When you get to a certain age, most people have a sexual history of some kind, and whether it's with men or women, doesn't matter.

What matters is how you both get on, and what you make of your relationship.

That's how I feel about it anyway.
Reply 17
Original post by Obiejess
It would give me doubts about his sexuality, creepy to think I might be cheated on with a guy. Not being homophobic, just a personal preference :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If a guy your dating tells you he is bisexual, why would that make you doubt his sexuality? Surely that would just confirm his sexuality, no? And being cheated on with a guy is creepy? Surely cheating is the same regardless of which gender, and why are you so worried about being cheated on?
Reply 18
Im bisexual (by default, Im about 90-95% straight and only date girls) and Iv had problems with girlfriends knowing that Id been with guys in the past however long ago it may have been. However Iv become aware that it is only a major issue with girls who have never so much as kissed another girl before. Maybe or not its an issue some people have with being too afraid to explore their sexuality, but theres also a lot of prejudice amongst people regarding stis and cheating. Personally I don't cheat unless Iv been cheated on, and I always use protection outside of relationships, and the same is true for a lot of people too. You can help fight and reduce stigma for everyone by not judging people for things out of their control and purely how they act as a person.
Reply 19
I'm not going to lie, it would make me think twice but If I liked them enough. It wouldn't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending