The Student Room Group
Reply 1
have you seen a doctor?
Go and see the doctor. It used to happen to me a lot. I was going through a growth spurt, and my body had outgrown my heart, so I ended up with low blood pressure :. dizzy spells, fading vision etc. Just have to wait till your heart gets stronger I'm afraid.

Get it checked up though, because none of us are doctors.
Reply 3
Ok I will get it checked, but its only happened twice before so I am sure its nothing serious. It was jusr scary this time (today) because it made me feel physically sick.
I put it down to exam stress!
I went to the doctors with this a few months ago. my BP was a little bit high too so I was sent to a cardiologist (which seemed a bit OTT to me). anyway i went and was fitted with a wee machine that measures BP every 30 mins thru the day...quite uncomfortable :smile:
Results came back fine and high BP was put down to "white coat syndrome" and the palpatations as stress from uni. This is despite the fact im not someone who generally gets stressed. Haven't had the palpatations since though so guess it was just a phase. Best get it checked out tho.
Reply 5
These palputations could easily be due to stress or even a reaction to something you have eaten or drunk. I would definitely go and see your dooctor though just to make sure it isnt anything serious, especially if it made you feel dizzy and sick this time.

Latest

Trending

Trending