The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm really, really worried. I was so looking forward to and sure that I wanted to apply for English with creative writing but I've only just found out the intake is 15, should I still apply for this course or should I go for English and American literature :frown: I'm so sad now. I'm really worried I won't get offered a place... my predicted grades are ABB which is what I need to get on the course, however my AS grades were an A, B, C and an E (in philosophy, which I dropped). What should I do? :frown:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by AnnaJ123
Same! (As in I'll be nearly 21) Glad I'm not the only one applying at this age lol

Oh this is great! I'll be 21 on September 2014, so I was bit worried that I was going to be the only one applying at this age.

I'm international student tho. Hoping to get an offer for Neuroscience!
Reply 42
Just got an offer through (BBB)
Reply 43
I'm applying to keele for pharmacy, sent my application away 3 days ago so fingers crossed ill get some good news back :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
I just got accepted into medicinal chemistry and neuroscience! :biggrin:
Original post by George_Lou
Don't worry your not alone, I hoping to do the Social Science foundation year too! :h:
I was worried myself that I'd be the only one. What are you hoping to go on to do??

Kool... have you applied yet? And how old are you?
I am hopefully gonna go on and do law
Reply 46
Ah good luck with it!! I sent mine off because of the medicine deadline, and ended up getting a reply from them within 10 days, so I'm sure that once you've sent it off you'll know really quickly! :smile:
Reply 47
I'm applying for human bio & biochem (dual honours)but i wont be able to get my application in for at least a week!! im really worried all the places will be gone now, there are only 40! :frown:
Reply 48
i thought they werent allowed to do that? thats how places get into clearing? maybe im confused, i only decided what i want to do like a week ago!
Reply 49
Original post by dh2311
When you get your offer depends on the course, for some people its about a week, for others, it can be much longer, Psycology, from reading about other unis, expect to wait longer since it seems to be more competitive/selective. Your offer will only be unconditional though if you already have your A Levels certificated now. If you're still doing them it'll be conditional on your grades.

Keele does look lovely, apart from the accommodation (have the offer now so they cant take it back :wink:) It would be competing for a firm if it had nicer accommodation, but for me the lack of enough en-suites and them saying on the open day pretty much don't expect one if you apply makes me consider somewhere else first.

What are you thinking to do as a degree?
Reply 50
Original post by siankiera
What are you thinking to do as a degree?

I've applied for Marketing, Media communications and culture. Officially down on UCAS as my insurance :smile: how about you?
wooo got an offer for English Lit and Creative Writing! :smile:
Reply 52
Got an offer of BBB for Politics!
Reply 53
Original post by lou2712
Thanks! I applied for History major with English minor :smile:

Ooh I've applied for joint history and English! ;D :smile:
Original post by Kgooding
I GOT AN OFFER FOR ENGLISH AND AMERICAN LIT TOO! It took them five days to reply and I'm so happy!

Congrats :smile: I'm applying for English and American Lit too :biggrin:D Out of interest what are you predicted?? :biggrin:
Reply 55
Got my reply earlier today! Conditional offer for history!!x :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by WishOnTheMagic
Congrats :smile: I'm applying for English and American Lit too :biggrin:D Out of interest what are you predicted?? :biggrin:

I'm predicted AAA, I think I'll get around ABB and my offer is BBB!! What about you?
Reply 57
Original post by Robin Van Persie
Kool... have you applied yet? And how old are you?
I am hopefully gonna go on and do law

No, I've just got to finish my personal statement and add a few more bits to my UCAS form. What about you?? I'm 19 and will be 20 when I start. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?? :colondollar:
Awesome! :biggrin: I hoping to go on to do Geography!
I'm applying and I got my offer two days ago within 3 days of them receiving it :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by amarabennington
I'm really, really worried. I was so looking forward to and sure that I wanted to apply for English with creative writing but I've only just found out the intake is 15, should I still apply for this course or should I go for English and American literature :frown: I'm so sad now. I'm really worried I won't get offered a place... my predicted grades are ABB which is what I need to get on the course, however my AS grades were an A, B, C and an E (in philosophy, which I dropped). What should I do? :frown:

Go for the course you want, not your second choice. This has to be something you want to do for 3 years and you need to think that, if you got a place on EAL rather than English with Creative, would you be happy? Would you rather retake a year and get what you want out of the (approximately) £9,000 a year debt or go for your second choice? No one can decide any of this for you but taking a risk isn't always a bad thing

Quick Reply

Latest