The Student Room Group

Sending an extra personal statement?

Hello,
So in an ideal world the FCH course at Exeter to do History and Geography for 2014 would still be an option, but it's not.

So, I've come to the conclusion to apply for History and IR.
However, the idea of doing History and Geography still interests me and I am also as part of my 5 options considering applying to do it at Exeter Cornwall campus and maybe Keele too. I was therefore wondering like the FCH course would have done, would these universities accept an extra part for the personal statement? And, would this make sense to do this because I haven't been able to write about Geography in my personal statement?

Hope this makes sense...

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
You should only have one personal statement for all courses you're applying to buddy
no.
there are several universities offering combined honours in history and geography so if that is what you want to do (and joint honours are hard work) why not just apply to them? You can send an extra personal statement but t hey will wonder why, if you are really committed to the course, you aren't applying to all unis for it. So the extra statement would need to explain.
This is a different situation, but I applied to vet med with a PS completely related to the subject. My 5th choice was cell biology. The uni realised my PS was not relevant to their course and specifically asked me for a new PS which they would consider. I still got an offer for them. It might be worth a shot?
Original post by Dazed.
Hello,
So in an ideal world the FCH course at Exeter to do History and Geography for 2014 would still be an option, but it's not.

So, I've come to the conclusion to apply for History and IR.
However, the idea of doing History and Geography still interests me and I am also as part of my 5 options considering applying to do it at Exeter Cornwall campus and maybe Keele too. I was therefore wondering like the FCH course would have done, would these universities accept an extra part for the personal statement? And, would this make sense to do this because I haven't been able to write about Geography in my personal statement?

So History and Geography FCH at Exeter is still an option for you? Slightly confused by the wording in your post! :confused:

Anyway, good news! :smile: Exeter make it very clear on their website that you CAN send in an additional personal statement! And I quote:

[h="1"]"If your subject combination for Exeter is unusual compared to your other UCAS applications, you may send a separate personal statement"[/h]
Reply 6
Original post by BerlinFilmFan
So History and Geography FCH at Exeter is still an option for you? Slightly confused by the wording in your post! :confused:

Anyway, good news! :smile: Exeter make it very clear on their website that you CAN send in an additional personal statement! And I quote:

"If your subject combination for Exeter is unusual compared to your other UCAS applications, you may send a separate personal statement"

Unfortunately History is no longer an option for FCH as of the 2014 entry :/
Reply 7
Original post by donkey23
You should only have one personal statement for all courses you're applying to buddy

At Exeter they can accept two, so I was just wondering whether that could also be a possibility for other universities too.
Original post by Dazed.
Unfortunately History is no longer an option for FCH as of the 2014 entry :/

Hmmm...now I'm very confused, I'm going to have to use three confused smilies: :confused: :confused: :confused: I'm looking at the webpage for the FCH BA Combined Honours, Cornwall campus 2014 entry requirements. You can study up to three subjects from the following list:

English
Geography
History
Politics

Check it out for yourself: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/flexible/cornwall/entryrequirements/

What do you think?
Original post by Dazed.
At Exeter they can accept two, so I was just wondering whether that could also be a possibility for other universities too.

Your best bet is to contact the universities concerned directly and ASK THEM. Noone on TSR can really answer this and if it isn't clearly stated on the websites of the universities then either you risk it or you find out for yourself if they're willing to accept an additional PS for combined hist & geog.
Reply 10
Original post by BerlinFilmFan
Hmmm...now I'm very confused, I'm going to have to use three confused smilies: :confused: :confused: :confused: I'm looking at the webpage for the FCH BA Combined Honours, Cornwall campus 2014 entry requirements. You can study up to three subjects from the following list:

English
Geography
History
Politics

Check it out for yourself: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/flexible/cornwall/entryrequirements/

What do you think?

As far as I'm aware you can only do a FCH and therefore send in an extra side of A4 in subjects which don't already have a prescribed route such as the History and Geography course at Cornwall... Is this not right :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending