The Student Room Group

Teacher is racist

Hello all,

First of all, I am a polite, pretty smart Asian guy. I have a teacher who is nice to all other kids and even calls them cute nicknames but when it comes to the Asian people in the class she is abnormally cruel and cold. ( I got shouted at for being 10 seconds late although two others didn't) the other asian people in the class she simply won't help or acknowledge and she constantly belittles them.

What do I do? Do I complain or shall I put forward a claim that she has tried to rape me or what?? It's really annoying and degrading

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Complain to the principal/head no time for prejudiced teachers they are meant to be role models and if thy do have views not express them in the class
Original post by Pizza King
Do I complain or shall I put forward a claim that she has tried to rape me or what??

Posted from TSR Mobile

First part, yes, you should, as long as you can back up your statement. Second part, er no. That's idiotic.
Reply 3
Sadly, we live in a society where racists continue to be racist by pretending racism doesn't exist and anybody picking up on their behaviour is 'playing the race card'. I'm from an area where Asians are the majority and I go to a college where they're the majority. I understand a lot of Asian people have done a lot of bad things but I don't find it fair for it to be taken out on me and my peers who are trying to do have an education and break away from the stereotypes

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you feel like she isn't treating all her students fairly, I think you should bring it up with your headteacher, as it needs to be discussed and sorted out. However I definitely do not think you should make a false allegation that she has tried to rape you, as that would be ridiculous.
Well that depends if she really is racist. That is a huge allegation there
Reply 6
The rape bit was a tasteless joke as I'm a fairly swole bro and she's skinny. In a way, I find this funny because its so obvious yet not dealt with and I loved seeing her face when I got an A this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I will do some more experiments to conclude what her deal is as it seems you basically have to kiss her feet for you to treat you the same if you're of a minority background

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello all,

First of all, I am a polite, pretty smart Asian guy. I have a teacher who is nice to all other kids and even calls them cute nicknames but when it comes to the Asian people in the class she is abnormally cruel and cold. ( I got shouted at for being 10 seconds late although two others didn't) the other asian people in the class she simply won't help or acknowledge and she constantly belittles them.

What do I do? Do I complain or shall I put forward a claim that she has tried to rape me or what?? It's really annoying and degrading

Posted from TSR Mobile

Errr? What the hell?!
OP, perhaps she isn't really racist, but just has a bit of mood problems? Like others have said before, talk to your principal or your tutor group teacher. Perhaps they can arrange something else for you...and maybe even transfer you to another class of your subject? :smile:
Original post by Chukkeigh
Errr? What the hell?!

That part made me laugh :tongue:
Reply 11
I don't want to move classes as my timetable is great (only in school for 2 hours every day except Wednesday) :frown: I'll try to figure it out or if she's being unfair next time. I'll rip off my shirt and shout 'you mad bro!?' in class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Chukkeigh
Errr? What the hell?!

For example: if someone was called Rory, she'd call them Rores but with me, she calls me by my long first name, I just want some loving too ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't want to move classes as my timetable is great (only in school for 2 hours every day except Wednesday) :frown: I'll try to figure it out or if she's being unfair next time. I'll rip off my shirt and shout 'you mad bro!?' in class

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot about the timetable dilemma. When I changed classes from one chem class to another, one of my other subjects also changed. I wasn't happy about that. I loved that class :frown:

Btw, what subject teacher is this teacher of yours. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by yummy_strawberry
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot about the timetable dilemma. When I changed classes from one chem class to another, one of my other subjects also changed. I wasn't happy about that. I loved that class :frown:

Btw, what subject teacher is this teacher of yours. :smile:

Chemistry as well, my biology teachers are angels but the whole chemistry department seems to be constantly suffering from roid rage. I got shouted at by the head of the department for asking if a teacher who previously offered to review my personal statement for me would review it for me because apparently I was 'taking advantage' of his kindness and sometimes I don't realise when people say things purely out of kindness. Weirdos.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I had a racist teacher, she called me a Dickhead once. She even said that I dont belong in this country and that she wants to join the army to kill Muslims.

I saw the funny side though lol
Original post by Kutta
I had a racist teacher, she called me a Dickhead once. She even said that I dont belong in this country and that she wants to join the army to kill Muslims.

Are you being for real?!?! Did you report her?
Reply 17
Original post by Kutta

Had my fair share of open racism. Funny how being Muslim gets you ripped so much as if we're somehow a threat to this country?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Kutta

Getting the popcorn out for when Al Mudaari reads this. :colone:
Unless she says something racist or actually treats you differently/unfairly with your marking/work content etc. then I would just ignore it. I'm sure every teacher has favourite pupils even if they do not try to show it. I remember back in year 9 I had a teacher who clearly favoured the black kids in our PSHE/Citizenship class and although that really irritated me I just ignored it :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending