The Student Room Group

A Level Help Please

Hello, I was just wondering about my A Level choices, and I am certain of 3 of the 4 I have to do (ICT, Spanish, Economics) and I need one more.

Other subjects im interested in: Geography, Politics, Business Studies.

The school also make you do general studies, or a GCSE in Italian or a WJEC In Japanese (1st level certificate), they also let you do Business Spanish. What out of those 3 should I choose ? Would look good for ANOTHER language! Im quite the linguistic one and pick them up quickly.

I would like to do German for A Level, but do you need to do it for GCSE? I only did Spanish and am predicted A*

I wish they let you do Italian A Level, you can start from scratch with that subject.

Any one know about german then and if you need it for GCSE?

Cheers
Reply 1
It might be hard to pick up a language straight off at A-level standard, but sometimes people do that at university. You would need to check with your school or sixth form.

As to what subject to do, well what do you want to do at university? That might influence what you pick.
Reply 2
Something to do with Business/Economics/Finance.

Reccomendations?
Reply 3
Think about taking Business Studies then?
I'm pretty certain you'd need GCSE German to do the A-level, just like you need GCSE French/Spanish to do the A-levels. In business studies, there might be some overlap with economics and some universities don't treat them as 2 separate subjects, but other than that, just go for the subject out of business studies, politics and geography that you prefer and think you'll do best in. There's no point doing Spanish for business if you're already doing A-level Spanish, so I'd go with Italian or Japanese. Even though it's only GCSE oe entry level, it's bound to be more impressive than General Studies :p:
Reply 5
this might just be me (and a few of my friends) but i thought unis dont really like business studies and prefer more traditional subjects. that's not to say the more newer ones have no value, but if you're going to do a degree in economics or something like that top unis dont really like business studies i think. but im sure i'm wrong and someone would like to prove me wrong!

Just do what you like and think you will be good at
Reply 6

I would do the GCSE in Italian - the more languages you have, the more impressive you are. Business and languages go really well together. And plus, because you've done Spanish, you'll find Italian a bit easier than starting completely from the beginning.
Reply 7
cheers guys, help much appreciated

gonna go the WJEC in Japanese and GCSE italian along with A Levels.

economics
spanish
ict
english

:biggrin:

cya

Latest

Trending

Trending