The Student Room Group

Someone please help?!?!

Hi guys I am a reapplicant for medicine as I recieved 4 pre interview rejections last year. I am just wondering if it is worth applying to kings this year or should I just forget it? What are my chances of at least gaining an interview? I know it's probably the most competitive and that's by I'm wary but it's also my dream to study there. My stats are

IGCSEs: 4A* 2As 3Bs ( And no I am not an international student 😊 )

A-Levels: AAAC

UKCAT: 723 Band 1

Any help is greatly appreciated and all your opinions are highly valued. Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

[SIZE="1"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE
Reply 1
[QUOTE="ibbyb94;44730643"]Hi guys I am a reapplicant for medicine as I recieved 4 pre interview rejections last year. I am just wondering if it is worth applying to kings this year or should I just forget it? What are my chances of at least gaining an interview? I know it's probably the most competitive and that's by I'm wary but it's also my dream to study there. My stats are

IGCSEs: 4A* 2As 3Bs ( And no I am not an international student ������ )

A-Levels: AAAC

UKCAT: 723 Band 1

Any help is greatly appreciated and all your opinions are highly valued. Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE

I am pretty sure you can get to Kings since your iGCSE grades are good enough for them plus you got a pretty good ukcat which is well enough to get an interview. But I am kinda surprised why didn`t you get in last year. What unis did you apply to and what was your average ukcat score last year?
Original post by wizard101
I am pretty sure you can get to Kings since your iGCSE grades are good enough for them plus you got a pretty good ukcat which is well enough to get an interview. But I am kinda surprised why didn`t you get in last year. What unis did you apply to and what was your average ukcat score last year?

I didn't get in last year because I applied really stupidly! I was naive and underestimated the difficulty of getting into medicine. I applied to imperial kings Manchester and Brighton. My ukcat was only 650 so straight away kings and Manchester (cut off 660) we're rejections, imperial was because I didn't get the bmat cutoff. BSMS was my only shot really, so yeah, I was stupid last year! That's why I'm so wary this time round, don't want a repeat of last year :frown:

[SIZE="1"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE
Reply 3
[QUOTE="ibbyb94;44732479"]I didn't get in last year because I applied really stupidly! I was naive and underestimated the difficulty of getting into medicine. I applied to imperial kings Manchester and Brighton. My ukcat was only 650 so straight away kings and Manchester (cut off 660) we're rejections, imperial was because I didn't get the bmat cutoff. BSMS was my only shot really, so yeah, I was stupid last year! That's why I'm so wary this time round, don't want a repeat of last year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE

I see in that case apply to Kings, Newcastle, Manchester (maybe since it has high fierce competition) and also whatever uni you prefer with lower ukcat cut off point than yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending