The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone!

You can use this thread to get to know people who have also applied to Derby, who may be studying your course or living in the same halls of residence as you!

Here are some links to useful web pages:

Accommodation and living in Derby

Fees and finance at Derby

Follow our Buddy Blogs (I have a blog there!)

How to apply (video)

Making your personal statement stand out

Top 10 overused opening sentences (Personal statement)

For other useful information and links, check out our BIG accommodation sticky, BIG sports clubs and societies sticky and BIG FAQ sticky.

We look forward to hearing off you all!
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
I've applied for adult nursing, had my interview but haven't heard anything yet! I know from on here some people from my interview day have had offers but I haven't:frown: however sometimes no news can be good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lannieeb
I've applied for adult nursing, had my interview but haven't heard anything yet! I know from on here some people from my interview day have had offers but I haven't:frown: however sometimes no news can be good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Lanniee!

I've got my fingers crossed for you! We release offers in batches, so don't worry if you haven't heard back yet. We don't accept everyone first and then send out rejections, so in this case it could still be that no news is good news!

Let me know when you get your result through =) I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Stacey
Reply 4
Unconditional for Sociology! Delighted is an understatement!
Original post by luketssf
Unconditional for Sociology! Delighted is an understatement!

Congratulations! Are you a local student?

Stacey
Reply 6
Original post by University of Derby
Congratulations! Are you a local student?

Stacey

Thank you! Nope, I'm from Essex :smile:
Reply 7
Thankyou Stacey! I'm hanging on tight! It's been nearly 3 weeks of tensely waiting, congratulations luke!:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Nope, I'm from Essex :smile:

So you're looking at moving out then? I lived in halls for a year and a half. It's an experience, I can tell you that! Sounds like you're going to have a great time at uni =)
Reply 9
Original post by University of Derby
So you're looking at moving out then? I lived in halls for a year and a half. It's an experience, I can tell you that! Sounds like you're going to have a great time at uni =)

Yeah I'm hoping to live in halls for my first year at least. Haha I bet!
Just waiting on a couple more replied now and then I'll have to weigh my options up. :smile:
Yeah I'm hoping to live in halls for my first year at least. Haha I bet!
Just waiting on a couple more replied now and then I'll have to weigh my options up. :smile:

Fantastic! Good luck with your choices :smile:

Stacey
I'm already a Derby Uni student but I've applied for 2014 entry; I'm doing Foundation Programme Joint Honours (its like Access but I've got a guaranteed place on a joint honours degree)1 :biggrin:

I've applied for BA (Hons) English and History on 11/11/2013 :smile:
Reply 12
Hi guys! I'm applying for BA (Hons) Working with Young People and Communities in 2014!
I look forward to chatting to you guys :smile:
I've applied and got an offer for a BSc (Hons) Sports and Exercise Science Degree 😃 really excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer for sociology the day after they received my application
got an offer at 300 points for law with criminology:smile: they replied so quickly!!
Reply 16
I applied for Graphic Dersign (4 Yrs) and have my interview next week Monday
Reply 17
Hi guys. Is anyone applying for Social Work? I applied back in November but haven't heard anything yet :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for mental health nursing at Derby and my application has just been sent to them. Really excited, has anyone else applied for Mental Health Nursing?
Reply 19
I've today accepted an offer for BA (Hons) Working with young people and communities :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending