The Student Room Group

What hair styling products do you use? (Men)

Just want to know what other men use to style their hair.

Me personally, I use Wella Shockwaves matt clay. Works a treat, never fails and when you put it on at first, you can easily restyle it in anyway. Has very good hold and does wash out fairly easily.

My worst product would be the VO5 extreme style matt clay. This thing is rock solid when applied even when worked on my hands. When I apply, I really cannot move it anywhere apart from the first stroke. So I trashed it. It only allowed one movement for me. I'm pretty sure they added concrete as an ingredient.

I used to use VO5 mega hold gel but.... i don't really like the wet look and it leaves it rock solid when it dries which isn't nice and easily scratches out and leaves very visible flakes....

So, what is your favourite hair product?
Reply 1
I've got TIGI Catwalk Styling Cream (i'm aware this is women's) for the last phase of my haircut cycle, VO5 matte clay for the rest and Boots Maximum Hold hairspray for night-out proofing or 9-5 at uni proofing
Reply 2
I use bamboo style ultra-hold clay. Works wonders for a more presentable and subtle touch[h="1"]
I use VO5 surfstyle. Doesn't look like I've used any product but it helps give my hair a bit of volume and stops it being all floppy and irritating.

I occasionally use that surf wax stuff that comes in a bar (can't remember what brand it is and the bathroom is too many steps away to check...) but it's not fantastic. If you don't put it in when your hair is really damp then it just looks like you've just got out of bed and haven't washed your hair for a week. :L
Reply 4
american crew, lanza or fudge
Water.
Reply 6
Original post by brittanna
Water.

Repped for style (and Dr Horrible).
Original post by NJam
Repped for style (and Dr Horrible).

A high quality TV show/ movie/ webisode (whatever Dr Horrible is) deserves a high quality hair styling regime.
sea salt spray
Reply 9
Some wax and shout out to Vo5 hair spray as a carrier of thick hair it does a great job.
Muk hard mud for short hair
Ted baker cream wax for longer hair
Reply 11
Spent ages trying to find a product that worked for me and genuinely found one by accident when my friend made me wait in a shop for him, but it works so well for my hair my struggle is over :tongue:!

L'oreal Matt & Messy Fibre Paste.
Reply 12
Oscar Blandi.
Seems to manage frizz pretty well for very frizzy hair like mine and adds a healthy shine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bump
Reply 14
I'm trying to find a product.

I use american crew fiber and it's ok but for longer hair I need something that can help to style more. I find some of these clay products (american crew, v05) tend to be better for shorter hair. When the hair gets longer and the shape is more developed, say curly or long hair going across on the top they don't actually do anything!

What can I try to use that will give me the ability to actually create and hold a style? Something that will stay in place. I don't care if it's matte or shine either.
Muk hard styling mud
Id hair extreme
Reply 16
where can you nuy muk in the uk?
Reply 17
*buy
Original post by transformersone
So, what is your favourite hair product?

I was recently handed a bunch of 'Baxter's of California' Hard Clay, Hard Water and Soft Water Pomade and I now swear by them, they're the best for styling hair :h:
pete and pedro putty

Quick Reply

Latest