The Student Room Group

Chances of getting into a good uni for Psychology?

Hi,

My friend got 4 B's and 6 C's for GCSEs, but 4 A's at A-level. The B's were in maths, science core, English language and RS. AS = Psychol, Eng, Media and ICT.

She wants to get into uni's such as Royal Holloway, Birmingham and Nottingham. Does she stand a chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, most unis don't care about GCSEs as long as you meet their specific requirements, which for psychology would probably be Bs in maths and english language which she has. I don't think those unis will take her GSCEs into account at all.
Reply 2
Original post by Voovist
Hi,

My friend got 4 B's and 6 C's for GCSEs, but 4 A's at A-level. The B's were in maths, science core, English language and RS. AS = Psychol, Eng, Media and ICT.

She wants to get into uni's such as Royal Holloway, Birmingham and Nottingham. Does she stand a chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really hard to improve on your A level grades from GCSE so well done her! I think it'll show she worked extra hard at college, shouldn't reflect on her badly :smile:
Reply 3
She got her higher grades in the best subjects so I think it'll be okay. She meets the requirements technically, as long as they ask for at least Bs in Maths and English and Science and not As which some places do but not many.

Don't think it's going to impact that much.

Quick Reply

Latest