The Student Room Group

A levels for child nursing

I dining gcses now but I don't know what a levels to choose for child nursing
I have ready chose psychology sociology and biology but I don't know my 4th option
I don't want to do something like English or chemistry because I don't enjoy them and I also don't want to do a btec
PLEASE HELP :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Abcdeabcde
I dining gcses now but I don't know what a levels to choose for child nursing
I have ready chose psychology sociology and biology but I don't know my 4th option
I don't want to do something like English or chemistry because I don't enjoy them and I also don't want to do a btec
PLEASE HELP :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Hun

I would phone the Uni's. The obvious one for me is chemistry but they might be happy with Maths?

There very approachable so just call them. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by kathyowen04
Hi Hun

I would phone the Uni's. The obvious one for me is chemistry but they might be happy with Maths?

There very approachable so just call them. Good luck.

I didn't want to do chemistry because I thought it would be too hard and i don't want to do anything that is boring.
Thanks for your help though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does your school offer health and social care? That's fun and relevant to nursing! :smile:
Reply 4
I don't want to do health and social care because I don't find it interesting
But do you think forensic science is a good option For child nursing?
Thanks for your help guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

what about law? there's a lot of legislation in nursing
Reply 6
Original post by Soph.Jade
what about law? there's a lot of legislation in nursing

Thanks for the reply
My option is between chemistry and forensic science now and I don't know which one to do because I won't find chemistry interesting but I know I will find forensics interesting but the only reason I don't want to do it is because it's a btec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't find health and social care interesting :confused: You do realise that that's essentially what nursing is, right? All of my lectures so far (1st year adult nursing) have covered topics that I've either covered in H+SC or biology.
Reply 8
Original post by Gnome :)
You don't find health and social care interesting :confused: You do realise that that's essentially what nursing is, right? All of my lectures so far (1st year adult nursing) have covered topics that I've either covered in H+SC or biology.

I did couple of lessons and it wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing like I found psychology amazing
But I am going to choose biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I did couple of lessons and it wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing like I found psychology amazing
But I am going to choose biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree that health and social care is much more relevant than your other options and will be much more helpful for nursing. but if it's between forensics and chemistry then definitely go for chemistry!
Reply 10
Original post by Soph.Jade
I agree that health and social care is much more relevant than your other options and will be much more helpful for nursing. but if it's between forensics and chemistry then definitely go for chemistry!

Thanks for the reply
When I search on unis psychology and sociology were good options to choose and chemistry was not as important as biology so I do think I will choose forensics but only
Do it for a year then drop it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest