The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pandabird
We use drain-unblocker :smile: And if that doesn't work get a plumber involved and he'll put caustic acid down it and the whole mess will completely dissolve.

Just to add, we didn't have quite the same problem as yours, but it's not much better :x

My local 99p shop sells 3-packs of this utterly caustic preparation called Duzz-it Drain Away :biggrin:, which you can use on sinks, etc. Frankly, what our house really needs is the cap on the u-bend opened, but the thing is totally jammed on, because the previous tenants never unscrewed it ever.

When I tried to unscrew the cap myself, it became apparent that the pipe would tear off the basin before the cap would unscrew, so I use the toxic chemicals (seriously, you have to open the windows!).
Reply 61
Original post by pinda.college
Yes but not sperm:colonhash:

Doesn't matter, viscosity's still pretty similar. It's not like the addition of sperm makes it that much more viscous.
Reply 62
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
My flat was rented out for a couple months when I wasn't there. So my shower was blocked and it's flooded my whole flat. I put my hand down the plug, expecting it to just be some of my hair. Nope. So I'm about to call maintenance, when my boyfriend says "It's just blocked, give me a knife" and starts shoving it down the plug. It#s working when all of a sudden I hear "OMFG IT'S CUM" I go and look and sure enough, matted with a load of hair is dried wet jizz. It's ****ing disgusting. I PUT MY HAND DOWN THAT. We banged a load of antibacterial **** down the plug but both of us are germophobes and this is ****ing gross. If you're going to **** at least do it somewhere that doesn't block my ****ing shower you ********s

Any ideas how we

1) Unblock the shower?

2) Disinfect the thing?

Also I wasn't sure where to put this so that's why it's in chat

edited to add: The shower has been blocked since we moved in, although at first it was only slight so we assumed it was just slow. It's not my boyfriend who's blocked the shower, if it was I wouldn't be so grossed out by it. It's someone else

You can't fool me :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Really confused as to how jizz can be "dried wet"... :lolwut:

It seems a bit far-fetched, it's probably a combo of soap, shaving gel, conditioner (all of which lather to white) etc. that's just stuck in with the hair...

Get a good ol' fashioned plunger and a pair of rubber gloves... Then use drain unblocker when you've removed the worst of it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Enoxial
Throw the knife out as soon as your done...
I couldn't stand having the knife in my house....
Good thing you weren't flat-sharing with my old flat-mates... :biggrin:
One night, (five person flat) flatmate 4 confessed to having had sex on the fridge and flatmate 5 confessed to having had sex on the cooker.

Flatmates 1 and 2 got the cleaning products and went out to the kitchen. By the morning that cooker and fridge were gleaming.
Reply 65
Here is another semen shower blocking story, but this time from closer to home at Manchester Uni.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/01/24/manchester-university-semen-letter-students-dont-masturbate_n_1227343.html

Just squirt some strong ass bleach down and it will be fine,
Original post by eliza.anne
I thought you could just pass it off as being a 'lad'.

:lol: Somehow I don't think so.It might get me kicked out for starters.
Reply 67
Original post by thunder_chunky
:lol: Somehow I don't think so.It might get me kicked out for starters.

I'll take your word on this one, I'm not a lad so I'm unsure of all the intricacies.
Reply 68
They have these long flexible barbed sticks you can buy for like $3.00 at all the hardware stores around here. That plus some liquid plumber/lye and you should be able to get it undone. Sorry you have to deal with nastiness :s-smilie:. Oh, if you cannot find those, then boiling hot water and a plunger should work too!
Reply 69
post-17468-This-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-O69T.jpeg
Reply 70
It's probably clogged from the stuff that comes out of your clothes when you put it in the washing machine.

Oh and why the negs :confused:
Reply 71
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Good thing you weren't flat-sharing with my old flat-mates... :biggrin:One night, (five person flat) flatmate 4 confessed to having had sex on the fridge and flatmate 5 confessed to having had sex on the cooker.Flatmates 1 and 2 got the cleaning products and went out to the kitchen. By the morning that cooker and fridge were gleaming.
Yup, I resemble to Flatmates 1 and 2 :tongue:
Reply 72
Good thing you weren't flat-sharing with my old flat-mates... :biggrin:
One night, (five person flat) flatmate 4 confessed to having had sex on the fridge and flatmate 5 confessed to having had sex on the cooker.

Flatmates 1 and 2 got the cleaning products and went out to the kitchen. By the morning that cooker and fridge were gleaming.

Was it on or against? Or was it like they were looking for food...got passionate and just cleared a shelf? :tongue:
Original post by johnh1983
Was it on or against? Or was it like they were looking for food...got passionate and just cleared a shelf? :tongue:
Sitting on top of the fridge. It was a waist-height fridge, not a man-sized walk-in fridge.

If it had been inside the fridge, I'm not sure she'd have survived the night after she told us! The confessions about the cooker and on top of the fridge weren't taken well!
Reply 74
Original post by lbsf1
Here is another semen shower blocking story, but this time from closer to home at Manchester Uni.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/01/24/manchester-university-semen-letter-students-dont-masturbate_n_1227343.html

Just squirt some strong ass bleach down and it will be fine,

Read the last paragraph, this was a hoax. The text also used from these 4 unis that were posted was identical so either all unis posted the same thing at the same time, or a person created a weird hoax. Also it is basic Biology. Semen is nutrients that get oxidized and destroyed when in contact with oxygen or water as this is how the sperm cells use them in their reaction that releases energy that could help the cells on reaching the uterus. That's why the sperm cells should a pregnancy be wanted be ejaculated in, cause the female fluids prevent the destruction by displacing water and oxygen. Then if you remove the semen through open air/heat, the cells will die (and this is the reason most cells die in the vagina and never reach the uterus, should pregnancy be wanted). Dead cells can pass away with water, this means that under no way was this cum, cum (semen and sperm cells) die from water
(edited 10 years ago)
You're a germaphobe but you stuck your hand down it?

Regardless, this can be a story to tell the kids :tongue:
My flat was rented out for a couple months when I wasn't there. So my shower was blocked and it's flooded my whole flat. I put my hand down the plug, expecting it to just be some of my hair. Nope. So I'm about to call maintenance, when my boyfriend says "It's just blocked, give me a knife" and starts shoving it down the plug. It#s working when all of a sudden I hear "OMFG IT'S CUM" I go and look and sure enough, matted with a load of hair is dried wet jizz. It's ****ing disgusting. I PUT MY HAND DOWN THAT. We banged a load of antibacterial **** down the plug but both of us are germophobes and this is ****ing gross. If you're going to **** at least do it somewhere that doesn't block my ****ing shower you ********s

Any ideas how we

1) Unblock the shower?

2) Disinfect the thing?

Also I wasn't sure where to put this so that's why it's in chat

edited to add: The shower has been blocked since we moved in, although at first it was only slight so we assumed it was just slow. It's not my boyfriend who's blocked the shower, if it was I wouldn't be so grossed out by it. It's someone else

did you manage to clean it?
Original post by AreebWithaHat
did you manage to clean it?

Yes. A knife and some bleach.

It was disgusting. Whether or not it was cum is debatable, but whatever it was was gross :frown:
Reply 78
Sitting on top of the fridge. It was a waist-height fridge, not a man-sized walk-in fridge.

If it had been inside the fridge, I'm not sure she'd have survived the night after she told us! The confessions about the cooker and on top of the fridge weren't taken well!

The waist-high fridge hadn't occurred to me :lol:

Both rather odd choices for sex in a kitchen...Did the counter have lots of crap on it?
Yes. A knife and some bleach.

It was disgusting. Whether or not it was cum is debatable, but whatever it was was gross :frown:

rather you than me :tongue: