The Student Room Group

Best Unis For Forensic Psychology?

Hey people :h:
I really would love to eventually become a forensic psychologist, so I want to do Psychology at uni...
But which uni is the best for forensics? Which has the best forensic department or the best forensic modules?
I will probably go on to do postgraduate at the uni I go to, so the postgrad course might impact my decision too?

Qualifications:
My AS grades are BBDDU is Psychology, Maths, English Language, General Studies and Biology (not very good I know :frown:)

My GCSEs are 3 A's (maths, drama, english), 4 B's (biology, physics, RE, english literature), 1 C (chemistry)

My predicted grades are AAB

HELLLLLLLLLLLP
:confused:
Doesn't really matter as long as its BPS accredited and you get good grades.

What will be important is the work experience you get alongside your degree, and how you compare when it comes to applying for Trainee Forensic Psychology posts after you graduate.What may give you an advantage is a course that has a built in placement year, and you get a forensic placement.

In terms of good Forensic Psych departments (for postgrad), Liverpool and Surrey have well renowned Stage 1 courses (MSc) and Birmingham has a Stage 1+2 DForenPsy course that I have heard good things about. That's all years away for you if you are still doing A-levels though.
Nottingham has a similar course to Birmingham and will take you all the way from undergrad to doctorate if apply there.

Quick Reply

Latest