No, because you don't know it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put it on anyway, left the grade as pending :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by zheyuan
Is ucl really particular about GCSEs? Cause mine kinda sucks :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get? I think you can usually rectify yourself with your AS results and the BMAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Applying with achieved scores :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I applied here already but im not sure if my application is strong enough, im relying a lot on the BMAT and im even scared of getting rejected before the BMAT results come out. Do you think with the following stats i have a chance if i do good on the BMAT?
GCSE: 2A* 3A 3B
AS: AAAB (average 87%) Maths Chem Bio Physics respectively. (I took my physics unit 2 when i was really sick and got a C but i have above 90% in the other two units, so hopefully they will understand)
Do you think il have a chance if i do good on the BMAT?
Thanks in advance!
Original post by AE-SN MEDICAL
Hey guys, I applied here already but im not sure if my application is strong enough, im relying a lot on the BMAT and im even scared of getting rejected before the BMAT results come out. Do you think with the following stats i have a chance if i do good on the BMAT?
GCSE: 2A* 3A 3B
AS: AAAB (average 87%) Maths Chem Bio Physics respectively. (I took my physics unit 2 when i was really sick and got a C but i have above 90% in the other two units, so hopefully they will understand)
Do you think il have a chance if i do good on the BMAT?
Thanks in advance!

I say you do, they look at all the components of your application, and your AS results are strong! From what I know, they don't look at your individual scores in particular or percentages for that matter.

It really depends on the cohort results and predictions to be honest! Good luck with your BMAT! :smile:
Original post by GeniusDoctor
I say you do, they look at all the components of your application, and your AS results are strong! From what I know, they don't look at your individual scores in particular or percentages for that matter.

It really depends on the cohort results and predictions to be honest! Good luck with your BMAT! :smile:

Thanks a lot im glad to hear this, are you an applicant or a student at UCL?? I'm predicted A* A* A (bio math chem)
Original post by AE-SN MEDICAL
Thanks a lot im glad to hear this, are you an applicant or a student at UCL?? I'm predicted A* A* A (bio math chem)

Applicant, I'm a gap year student and I've done the IB! Those are great predictions, you just need an average bmat score and you should get an interview!
Applicant, I'm a gap year student and I've done the IB! Those are great predictions, you just need an average bmat score and you should get an interview!

Wel see how it goes! Thanks for the advice and best of luck with your BMAT :smile:
Reply 28
Hi guys! Just thought I'd post here that I'm a current UCL medic and I'll be happy to help with any problems. :smile:

UCL Medical Student
Always happy to answer questions!
Hi I am currently in year12 and interested in a career in medicine. When should I start visiting universities? Is now to early?
thanks 😊
Original post by GPwannabe157
Hi I am currently in year12 and interested in a career in medicine. When should I start visiting universities? Is now to early?
thanks 😊

If there's any university near you, there's no harm! But I'd wait for next year as the admissions criteria & process is always changing year on year so what is relevant to this year's cohort isn't necessarily going to be applicable to when you apply (2014/5) :rolleyes:
Reply 31
With the UCL external admissions site thingy, I registered and everything like it said to in the email(s), but they haven't sent me my userid, should I be worried or is this normal? Thanks
Reply 32
thanks 😊

I'd day go now to get a feel for atmosphere, teaching etc, but next year go when you appreciate the course better and look at admission processes, your cohort etc :smile:

UCL Medical Student
Reply 33
Original post by Hummi_C
With the UCL external admissions site thingy, I registered and everything like it said to in the email(s), but they haven't sent me my userid, should I be worried or is this normal? Thanks

I don't remember having a problem with that :/ Email them and ask.

UCL Medical Student
Reply 34
Original post by antonyzac
Hi guys! Just thought I'd post here that I'm a current UCL medic and I'll be happy to help with any problems. :smile:

UCL Medical Student

Hey how is the course structured at UCL? How come they say that good chemistry/biology knowledge is required whereas other unis dont really mention it, is it just more work intensive?
And also what would you say are the benefits from being at ucl/london

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Liquid5
Hey how is the course structured at UCL? How come they say that good chemistry/biology knowledge is required whereas other unis dont really mention it, is it just more work intensive?
And also what would you say are the benefits from being at ucl/london

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mainly lecture-based in years 1 and 2, with year 3 being a BSc year which you get the whole year to do and nothing else, so you basically research a topic you choose get another degree! Years 4, 5 and 6 are based in hospitals and in year 6 you get the chance to go abroad or elsewhere in the UK. :smile:
It's only been a few weeks for me here at UCL and already we've seen a cadaver, had quite alot of practical computer sessions, small group work sessions (which are really nice) and practicals. Most of the course though is lecture-based.

They say you need biology and chemistry because from what I've witnessed, without it you'll be lost! There's lectures on molecular biology and respiration which without A-Level standard you'll have no idea what's going on, and similarly calculating things in medicine requires A Level chemistry, as well as some of the molecular concepts. I wouldn't say it was more work intensive, and I'm pretty sure other universities also ask for those subjects :smile:

London's just a great, diverse place! There's always something going on for entertainment, the British Library and BMA are right next door which is very useful, easy to commute (especially for hospital placements we have every Thursday!) and you get to meet lots of really nice and interesting people from all over the world. Of course, the downside to that is a quick and rapid outbreak of Freshers' Flu which I'm currently battling (it's horrible!) but all in all it's one of the best places to study. Plus it has some great hospitals for the best training :wink:
If there's any university near you, there's no harm! But I'd wait for next year as the admissions criteria & process is always changing year on year so what is relevant to this year's cohort isn't necessarily going to be applicable to when you apply (2014/5) :rolleyes:

wouldn't the open days be really close to exams?
wouldn't the open days be really close to exams?

I don't know for you, my IB exams are all in May, so the open days weren't close to my exams - plus they're only a few hours at most uni's so it doesn't really affect your revision!
Reply 38
Original post by antonyzac
Mainly lecture-based in years 1 and 2, with year 3 being a BSc year which you get the whole year to do and nothing else, so you basically research a topic you choose get another degree! Years 4, 5 and 6 are based in hospitals and in year 6 you get the chance to go abroad or elsewhere in the UK. :smile:
It's only been a few weeks for me here at UCL and already we've seen a cadaver, had quite alot of practical computer sessions, small group work sessions (which are really nice) and practicals. Most of the course though is lecture-based.

They say you need biology and chemistry because from what I've witnessed, without it you'll be lost! There's lectures on molecular biology and respiration which without A-Level standard you'll have no idea what's going on, and similarly calculating things in medicine requires A Level chemistry, as well as some of the molecular concepts. I wouldn't say it was more work intensive, and I'm pretty sure other universities also ask for those subjects :smile:

London's just a great, diverse place! There's always something going on for entertainment, the British Library and BMA are right next door which is very useful, easy to commute (especially for hospital placements we have every Thursday!) and you get to meet lots of really nice and interesting people from all over the world. Of course, the downside to that is a quick and rapid outbreak of Freshers' Flu which I'm currently battling (it's horrible!) but all in all it's one of the best places to study. Plus it has some great hospitals for the best training :wink:

Thanks for your answer, it was actually very helpful :smile:
Any tips for the interview process? I know that the bmat essay is used in the interview, is it a big part of the inteview?

Thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Does anyone know exactly how UCL uses UMS scores? I remember them saying that they may ask for them but they weren't very specific.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending