The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know any scottish applicants for medicine? :3 applied this year but have not met any fellow scots yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

I'm not applying but wanting to apply after sixth form. I'm in year 11 and thinking of taking English Lit, History, Biology and Chemistry and I really want to study medicine at UCL for many reasons.

I missed almost the entirety of KS3, and a quarter of year 10, so my GCSE's aren't as good as they could be.

I am aiming for 3-6A*'s and B's and A's in the other subjects. My math has suffered so I'm a C in math, but I'm hoping to retake it in sixth form so I can get a B or above. My A* subjects include Biology and Chemistry, I could do potentially a lot of work experience, I want to be there for the 'right' reasons, I'm a hard worker etc. I am also eligible for extenuating circumstances etc.

With these GCSE's though (I'm really worried because they are quite low and I know most people have 7-12 A*'s) do I have a chance with UCL? I am willing to take a gap year to 'buff up' my A*'s at GCSE, or/and A level and do whatever else I need to do. I really want to go to UCL to do medicine, and whilst I have a chance at changing things and boosting my chances (although medicine esp at UCL is really hard to get into) of getting in, I want to make sure I am doing things right.
Reply 1422
Has anyone got invitation for interview from UCL?
Original post by Surtee332
Has anyone got invitation for interview from UCL?

Yeah I've got one on Wednesday 10th

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending