Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by nowfoundmichael
anyone staying in oxford court halls?

Me!
Original post by rturnbull94
Dental Technology anyone?

I am but with a foundation year :smile:
Im hoping to get in through clearing to do Criminology :smile: also a 'mature' student at 21, by the looks of this thread the old gits are taking over mmu this year haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 744
Is anyone for the Cheshire Booth hall campus ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by April1702
I am but with a foundation year :smile:

Right what's your name? You on Facebook? I'm doing just that :smile:, will be mint to know someone on my course :biggrin:
Whoo! Got into oxford court accommodation :biggrin:
Reply 747
Original post by Nkosazana
Whoo! Got into oxford court accommodation :biggrin:

Congratz - saw your post a couple of days ago, glad you found somewhere.
Original post by Toplel
Congratz - saw your post a couple of days ago, glad you found somewhere.

Reply 749
Criminology &Sociology course ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 750
Reply 751
Sorry I just saw your reply! Erm you could call them and ask that's the easiest way I can think off!:smile:
Is anyone else doing social work ? Can't find anybody else any where! X
I can't find anybody doing politics either.
Any one doing BSc (Hons) Computer Game Technology? I'm 22 and this is my second degree, I'm not in halls but I already live in Manchester and have done for 4 years. If you want any info on Manchester or MMU (my first degree was BSc (Hons) Psychology from MMU) then just ask :smile:
Original post by Bsturgeon1
Any one doing BSc (Hons) Computer Game Technology? I'm 22 and this is my second degree, I'm not in halls but I already live in Manchester and have done for 4 years. If you want any info on Manchester or MMU (my first degree was BSc (Hons) Psychology from MMU) then just ask :smile:

I am not doing Computer game technology, but psychology instead, how was it? It's just great to see someone who did it to tell me a bit more about it! ^^ I am 23 also a mature student :3
It was an enjoyable course, but make sure you attend all the lectures or you will make life very difficult for yourself. Communication was a bit hit and miss at times (especially feedback and such), but I was at the old campus; I would expect that they have sorted it all out a bit more now. Also, make sure you but Dave Holmes' book before he starts going on about it every lecture and puts you off. I didn't engage with mine at all and should have changed courses but the topics are interesting and I think you'll like it. I'm actually selling all of my old psyc books (like new because I didn't really research and revise as I should) if any of your psycs don't want to fork out £40 per book). I'm sure you'll love it but if you need any more info give me a shout. Oh and I'm very pro Andrew Parker, he was my dissertation supervisor, bit strange, but very supportive and a great lecturer. Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bsturgeon1
It was an enjoyable course, but make sure you attend all the lectures or you will make life very difficult for yourself. Communication was a bit hit and miss at times (especially feedback and such), but I was at the old campus; I would expect that they have sorted it all out a bit more now. Also, make sure you but Dave Holmes' book before he starts going on about it every lecture and puts you off. I didn't engage with mine at all and should have changed courses but the topics are interesting and I think you'll like it. I'm actually selling all of my old psyc books (like new because I didn't really research and revise as I should) if any of your psycs don't want to fork out £40 per book). I'm sure you'll love it but if you need any more info give me a shout. Oh and I'm very pro Andrew Parker, he was my dissertation supervisor, bit strange, but very supportive and a great lecturer. Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

really good help thanks! :biggrin:
how many books did you end up buying? I saw the reading list and it is as expected huuge and I have no idea which ones are better to buy xD of course it might have changed already from 3 years ago but still xD
I am quite excited about it, I studied psychology before and it was my favorite subject =)
I am quite excited with the new campus as well on the open day I did a tour there and it looks amazing!
I bought the main text for each module, so about 6-8, but I'd wait for your introductory sessions before buying any textbooks because they're likely to recommend ones that will last over years 1-3. Also make sure you shop around, amazon, blackwells and book depository are good if you want them new, amazon or eBay for used, and the uni sometimes sell second hand ones too. I was so jealous about the new campus! The old one was rubbish, reminded me of an old hospital/prison.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! I will do that :biggrin: yeah I hear that the old one was not good at all I honestly cannot wait to start ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending