The Student Room Group

What books would you reccommend for my Applied Human Biology module

I haven't studied any sciences or biology at A Level (did health and social care). I was never good at biology at school and I've got this module which I'm really struggling at. I go to lectures and I always somehow end up sleeping because I don't understand anything (I don't sleep intentionally, so don't have a go at me please). The lecturers talk to us as if everyone in the room has studied biology at A Level/degree level, so the rest of us who haven't sit there looking dazed. At the end of yesterday's lecture, I asked my lecturer which book she would recommend and she told me to get Ross and Wilson 'anatomy and physiology'. Is that book any good? And do you have any advice? x
Reply 1
Ross and Wilson is good for the basics :smile: If you are really struggling, it might be worth getting an A level biology guide? Try having a look in the library/bookshop for anatomy + physiology books. Read a couple of pages, and see if you get it or not; everyone has different learning styles so what works for you may not work for someone else.
Reply 2
Go and have a look and see what's about in the library first. Loads of people rave about Ross and Wilson, but I didn't like it and preferred Marieb or Tortora. See what suits you before spending (what can be a large amount) on a book.

edit: (basically, what the poster above me said)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending