The Student Room Group

Not confident at all :(

Okay so basically, I took a bit of a rash decision to apply to top uni's for straight econ. Warwick, LSE twice and UCL twice. WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!?

My Grades are below average I think for these uni's, judging by tsr (not a fair representation I know but still).
GCSE: 4As, 6Bs 3 Cs
AS: AAAC (Maths,Biology, RS, Geography respectively)
Final A2: AAA ( Maths,Biology, RS) while self teaching entire A2 Further maths and predicted A*A* in maths and FM.

Also, a key thing here is I've already done my A levels and achieved 3 A's. Do you think i was wrong/crazy in applying for these universities if im predicted A*A*AA?
Reply 1
No! You have amazing a level predictions and as long as your personal statement holds up, you'll be fine.
Dw about it, you have a strong chance!

I know someone who got into Warwick with 3 B'S, but that's Biomed granted.
Reply 2
Thanks, but im so unsure since economics is such a competitive course and my GCSE's are so poor.
Dont even think i stand a chance :frown:
Reply 3
anyone else? :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Hazard17
Thanks, but im so unsure since economics is such a competitive course and my GCSE's are so poor.
Dont even think i stand a chance :frown:

Honestly, people don't give a crap abotu GCSE's.They want good A Level Results and everyone knows A Level is of a much higher standard than GCSE.
I did pretty good in my GCSEs, but for A Level I'm slipping so much right now. If it was me vs you, unis would so much rather pick you.
DW!! Hey, I'm doing Eco too!!
good luck
Reply 5
Original post by aSunnyDay
Honestly, people don't give a crap abotu GCSE's.They want good A Level Results and everyone knows A Level is of a much higher standard than GCSE.
I did pretty good in my GCSEs, but for A Level I'm slipping so much right now. If it was me vs you, unis would so much rather pick you.
DW!! Hey, I'm doing Eco too!!
good luck

Hahaha thanks :biggrin: where are you applying to?
Okay so basically, I took a bit of a rash decision to apply to top uni's for straight econ. Warwick, LSE twice and UCL twice. WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!?

My Grades are below average I think for these uni's, judging by tsr (not a fair representation I know but still).
GCSE: 4As, 6Bs 3 Cs
AS: AAAC (Maths,Biology, RS, Geography respectively)
Final A2: AAA ( Maths,Biology, RS) while self teaching entire A2 Further maths and predicted A*A* in maths and FM.

Also, a key thing here is I've already done my A levels and achieved 3 A's. Do you think i was wrong/crazy in applying for these universities if im predicted A*A*AA?

this was ages ago
hows your work and everything going? i guess you have exams now
why economics?
Reply 7
Original post by pureandmodest
this was ages ago
hows your work and everything going? i guess you have exams now
why economics?

Offer for Ucl stats and econ

Self taught further maths AS. On course to meet the requirement :biggrin:

Funny how things change :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Offer for Ucl stats and econ :wink:

Self taught further maths AS. On course to meet the requirement :biggrin:

Funny how things change :wink:

haha yaay :biggrin: further maths seems so hard, you must've worked so hard! pays off though :smile:
why economics?
Reply 9
haha yaay :biggrin: further maths seems so hard, you must've worked so hard! pays off though :smile:
why economics?

Hahaha thank you, appreciate you checking up on me :hugs:

Economics because i really wanted to get into investment banking, then i realised that i really enjoy studying maths and I'm not so bad as i thought when it came to self-teaching. So I'm really glad that the course i firmed was Economics and statistics. I'd say im an extremely ambitious person with big plans, and i see doing economics at a top uni is the first step :biggrin:
Hahaha thank you, appreciate you checking up on me :hugs:

Economics because i really wanted to get into investment banking, then i realised that i really enjoy studying maths and I'm not so bad as i thought when it came to self-teaching. So I'm really glad that the course i firmed was Economics and statistics. I'd say im an extremely ambitious person with big plans, and i see doing economics at a top uni is the first step :biggrin:

haha yeah
rememberr thoughh, when you're making all that money... be modest :c you probably know this but still, you're going to be so tempted to just... show off, try and humble yourself with the fact it all came from God and He can take it back just as fast as He gave it to youu
Reply 11
haha yeah
rememberr thoughh, when you're making all that money... be modest :c you probably know this but still, you're going to be so tempted to just... show off, try and humble yourself with the fact it all came from God and He can take it back just as fast as He gave it to youu

Haha true, wise words. Who are you and who sent you to guide me? :wink:

For me its not about making crazy amounts of money to show off. What i really want is to help people to be fair. But can i now? no way in hell. First, i must make a name for myself, build a reputation to inflict maximum effect. I can only help others if i can help myself.

For me its not about making crazy amounts of money to show off. What i really want is to help people to be fair. But can i now? no way in hell. First, i must make a name for myself, build a reputation to inflict maximum effect. I can only help others if i can help myself.

haha noone has the intention to show off from the start... i think it just comes later on
and everyone wants to help people
but when theres a girl you like, or a group of old friends you meet up with again, you're like mannn i gotta impress these guys
i've learnt from the people around me, that when you have a lot of money, people get jealous and they do things to just make you unhappy! it's sad :/ but it's reality
your parents want you to be successful, they're the ones that sincerelyyyy care about you

Can I ask your ums across AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by EHZ17
Can I ask your ums across AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

88- C1
85-C2
89- S1

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply