The Student Room Group

delete

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Zürich
Nice generic personal attack. Is this how you would speak to me face to face or am I to assume you lack basic intellectual and social skills? :rolleyes:

I spent years at the LSE surrounded by left wing professors and students who ticked pretty much every box in their statist, anti-capitalist, anti-Western agenda. I have tried to attend university organised events from intellectuals/authors which could not proceed because of violent disruption by 'anti-fascists' thought police. This happens quite often.

I do despise lefties though, scum of the earth.

Just some good-natured trolling, love. And yes, I would undoubtedly speak to you like that. You seem a little bitter. Be happy! The world's a wonderful place!
Reply 41
Original post by bazookabrad
The Guardian? HAHAHAHA

They don't actually CARE... it just so happens that leftwing, self-apologetic, pro-immigration, anti-British lunatics are the only people who actually read the Guardian...

So of course they have to write articles which appeal to that audience...

I'm preeeeettttyyy sure they do care, actually. Turns out that some people are motivated by more than just money. Shocking, I know.
Original post by wild_eyes
I'm preeeeettttyyy sure they do care, actually. Turns out that some people are motivated by more than just money. Shocking, I know.

In what way do they care?

Who actually cares anyway, besides muslims and overly anti-fascist people?

Just get on with your life... some people don't like islam, WHATEVER...

Some people don't like carrots, I don't... big deal.

Personally I like islam, it keeps females respectable and in check, it's not easy to find a practicing muslim slut, and that's a good thing... I also like reading about the clay people and the fire people... the jin ghosts blablabla... islam is interesting fiction, but I'm not gonna cry and whine that some people don't like it, who ****ing cares? Life is too short.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by wild_eyes
I'd like to see evidence of this. I doubt the vast majority of Muslims are actively trying to stifle free speech. Perhaps a very small number of Muslims are, and I completely disagree with hiding behind a 'phobia' rather than rationally defending one's views and actions. I have to say that I really hate it when racism is used in this way, and I'm strongly not defending anyone who just assumes that someone who rationally disagrees with aspects of Islam is Islamophobic.

Just just have to look at the recent issues at the LSE to see and example

will that do for you?
Polls that highlight worrying societal issues like this are a good thing. Even if the stats are sometimes abused it's far better than living in ignorance of a problem.
Seems awfully totalitarian to pretty much ban debate, tbh though, the Guardian isn't a serious paper, it's pretty much the Daily Mail for left-wing people. Nobody who reads it has the right to say "HURR DAILY FAIL"

Original post by n00
Sounds similar to how TSR restricts comment on Israel. That seems to have worked.

There's a whole thread on debating whether or not Israel should even be allowed to exist :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by sugar-n-spice

There's a whole thread on debating whether or not Israel should even be allowed to exist :confused:

There's one sticky thread, if you start another even remotely Israel related thread it will either be deleted, locked or if you're lucky merged. This obviously restricts debate and prevents any polls on the subject. It does mean TSR isn't flooded with endless repeated or very similar and tedious threads, which is nice but if thats the aim then its about time we had the same for Islam.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by mojojojo101
Saying Islamophobia doesn't exist (as many have said already here) is EXACTLY the same as saying anti-Semitism doesn't exist... a quite literally ridiculous opinion to hold. Islamophobia and a rational criticism of Islam are two very different things.

Censorship of opinion polls won't help but I agree with the sentiment of the piece, the vast majority of opinion polls are complete *******s and end up just enforcing the beliefs of the extremists on both side of any particular argument. There needs to be a more responsible reporting of opinion polls in general, it seems like the media in general like to put across that the conclusions from such polls represent large scale opinion of the nation, for the most part that is just not true.

It's also quite obvious that the UK has to be far more intelligent when combating Islamic (and other types) of terrorism as well as things like racism, homophobia, etc

Complete nonsense. Antisemitism is hatred towards the Jewish people (ethnic group). Nothing about criticising Judaism.
Original post by n00
There's one sticky thread, if you start another even remotely Israel related thread it will either be deleted, locked or if you're lucky merged. This obviously restricts debate and prevents any polls on the subject. It does mean TSR isn't flooded with endless repeated or very similar and tedious threads, which is nice but if thats the aim then its about time we had the same for Islam.

If someone makes a thread about Israel, it's allowed to run for a bit before being merged, it's pretty much the standard practice. A similar thing is done for threads concerning the Syria conflict, "does God exist" type threads, debate the theory of evolution etc. But hey, you just want to jump on the thing which relates to the Jews, I wonder why that could be...
Reply 49
If someone makes a thread about Israel, it's allowed to run for a bit before being merged, it's pretty much the standard practice. A similar thing is done for threads concerning the Syria conflict, "does God exist" type threads, debate the theory of evolution etc. But hey, you just want to jump on the thing which relates to the Jews, I wonder why that could be...

Oooh I dunno maybe I'm bored of endless repeated or very similar and tedious threads on Islam, I don't tend to go into Syria conflict or does God exist threads so I've not noticed these threads being deleted, locked or merged, but hey that just further highlights the inconsistency, so thanks for pointing that out but I do have to wonder what you could be insinuating...
Original post by n00
Oooh I dunno maybe I'm bored of endless repeated or very similar and tedious threads on Islam, I don't tend to go into Syria conflict or does God exist threads so I've not noticed these threads being deleted, locked or merged, but hey that just further highlights the inconsistency, so thanks for pointing that out but I do have to wonder what you could be insinuating...

I'm insinuating that you thinking that Jews/Israel/Zionists are receiving some kind of preferential treatment when (as I have demonstrated) this is not the case, is a sign that you probably have mild antisemitic prejudices.

All these threads are put into one megathread because people would make the same things every week over and over and it just swamps other content; I do agree that since there are so many threads specifically attacking Islam, there probably should be a thread where all these posts are sent so it doesn't take up the whole of the front page. I guess that's for you to raise with the mods :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Falcatas
Complete nonsense. Antisemitism is hatred towards the Jewish people (ethnic group). Nothing about criticising Judaism.

They're one in the same. If someone's identity is intertwined with their religion in the case with Muslims/Islam and you proceed to attack everything about it, you're basically attacking everything about that person. I think it's just a a cover for someone's bigotry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
you thinking that Jews/Israel/Zionists are receiving some kind of preferential treatment

Bull****.

I'm insinuating that you probably have mild antisemitic prejudices.

:rofl: I never would have guessed. Christ, those edlers have a point. You can't even question very clear inconsistencies in TSR moderation policy without being accused of racism.

All these threads are put into one megathread because people would make the same things every week over and over and it just swamps other content
No ****, exactly what i said.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by 2ndClass
They're one in the same. If someone's identity is intertwined with their religion in the case with Muslims/Islam and you proceed to attack everything about it, you're basically attacking everything about that person. I think it's just a a cover for someone's bigotry.

No. I'm attacking their ideology. Race is not an ideology. Religion is.
Many different ethnic groups are Muslim. There are plenty of Muslims with white, brown or black skin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending