The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by katyness
Yes. And I said that because I find them unattractive. So?

Don't even try turning it into a "preference" argument.

You don't see why people might take an issue with racism?

Just when I think narrow-mindedness on this site can't get any worse, I'm always unpleasantly surprised...
No I wouldn't, I would have said it like that. Why would I cut him some slack just because he's white? :confused:

Stop playing stupid.

IlexBlue summed it up perfectly.

You never directly said what I suggested, but the implication was there. There were other ways you could have replied, you could have quite easily just told the OP to get off his high horse rather then bringing his race into the equation.

You were basically implying that because he is south asian he is in no position to be fussy, as the race is unattractive collectively.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Danz123
I never understood how people could just write off entire races. I mean, you're missing out.

I'm also not sure if one can think of themselves as a non-racist but at the same time think that one race is more appealing than ALL others physically. By this point, we've completely ruled out personality and even physical features (since two people belonging to the same race can look drastically different). The only thing they would have in common is a darker skin complexion than a white person. Even then, Tyrion has posted pictures of Asian people with skin as light as a white person's. All in all, it's rather baffling.

It's not only about skin colour. I don't want to get into what attracts me more to white guys than asian guys but I assure you it's not just about 1 trait.
But I get what your point is and I think you're right. I just don't feel the same way, I kind of wish I did because it's quite noble. I'm just not attracted to asian guys at all, they can look alright but all I see is ugly. My [white] friends also agree with me on this one. We just don't look at them as potential partners.
Reply 43
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It's not about her having a preference, it's about her saying the OP should have no standards because he's Asian. Fair enough if she isn't attracted to Asian men, but why come here and make OP feel like **** when plenty of women do not share her opinion?

My boyfriend's Asian. I think he's very attractive. So her idea that everyone finds Asians ugly is just stupid

I only mentioned it because there is/was a thread going where a guy said they'd disregarded the op as a potential gf because they found out she was black. No one seemed to be bothered about that. (Turned out to be joke, but this wasn't known at the time)
Reply 44
As soon as I saw that you quoted me, I knew that I was in trouble.

But you know, I've got to hand it to you, you were right all along. This week I realised that the reason I can't get a boyfriend is because I don't want one. It actually came as a shock to me because I thought that's what I wanted. Oh well. :rolleyes:

And I'm only attracted to white guys so... that too.

And you're a bitch, so... that too.
It's not only about skin colour. I don't want to get into what attracts me more to white guys than asian guys but I assure you it's not just about 1 trait.
But I get what your point is and I think you're right. I just don't feel the same way, I kind of wish I did because it's quite noble. I'm just not attracted to asian guys at all, they can look alright but all I see is ugly. My [white] friends also agree with me on this one. We just don't look at them as potential partners.

So it's not about looks? So you could see a guy who's attractive that you don't now is Asian and then you'll be turned off because he's Asian?

What the actual ****
Reply 46
Original post by IlexBlue
Don't even try turning it into a "preference" argument.

You don't see why people might take an issue with racism?

Just when I think narrow-mindedness on this site can't get any worse, I'm always unpleasantly surprised...

Original post by fat_hobbit
Stop playing stupid.

IlexBlue summed it up perfectly.

You never directly said what I suggested, but the implication was there. There were other ways you could have replied, you could have quite easily just told the OP to get off his high horse rather then bringing his race into the equation.

You were basically implying that because he is south asian he is in no position to be fussy, as the race is unattractive collectively.

Ok. So?
Reply 47
So it's not about looks? So you could see a guy who's attractive that you don't now is Asian and then you'll be turned off because he's Asian?

What the actual ****

How can you not see if he's Asian? :confused:
Reply 48
Original post by Ham22
I only mentioned it because there is/was a thread going where a guy said they'd disregarded the op as a potential gf because they found out she was black. No one seemed to be bothered about that. (Turned out to be joke, but this wasn't known at the time)

Yeah, I remember that thread. Because it was against black people, it was fine. But because I'm against the Asians, that's definitely not fine!

I can live with being called a racist by the TSR community! :smile:
Reply 49

I can see what you mean by this. I too do not want to be racist but I have found that I have not been attracted to any person, literally 100%, of african descent. But to ridicule them because of that is unacceptable

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can you not see if he's Asian? :confused:

This guy

550247-ImranAbbasNaqvi-1368724002-192-640x480.JPG

Can you really tell the difference between him and a white guy?

Or what about

Dominic-Cooper-in-The-Devils-Double-2011-Movie-Image.jpg

He's white but ironically (to you) has darker skin than the guy above. Do these guys look completely different? I think they're both attractive
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Danz123
I never understood how people could just write off entire races. I mean, you're missing out.

I'm also not sure if one can think of themselves as a non-racist but at the same time think that one race is more appealing than ALL others physically. By this point, we've completely ruled out personality and even physical features (since two people belonging to the same race can look drastically different). The only thing they would have in common is a darker skin complexion than a white person. Even then, Tyrion has posted pictures of Asian people with skin as light as a white person's. All in all, it's rather baffling.

It's basically down to colonialism and what's happening in the world right now.

1) South asians are represented poorly in the media due to islamophobia. Extremists.

East is east, Citizan Khan, Goodness Gracious me, has given people the impression we are stuck in the stone ages.

2) Economically they are perceived as poor (I live in a good area in London despite the way I convey myself on here as a bit of a ghetto boy from peckham).

Owners of curry houses, taxi drives, corner shops etc etc

3) No south asian role models.

Tyrion_Lannister listed loads, but unless you are actively interested in the culture. You won't know about them.

Whereas everyone knows who Christiano Ronaldo is.

4) South asian men apparently have a reputation of being wife beaters, chaining bitches up and ****. Seriously, I didn't know this **** until I started posted on here. Ignorance is bliss.
Reply 52
I'm not a racist. I just don't think Asian men are attractive.

Two contradictory statements right there.
Reply 53
This guy

Is that how you ended up with an Asian boyfriend?
Reply 54
Original post by Катя

It really isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love a lady in charge, me.
Is that how you ended up with an Asian boyfriend?

By confusing him for a white guy? No it isn't. I ended up with my Asian boyfriend the same way you'd end up with a White boyfriend.
Reply 57
Original post by Катя

I get on well with them. I just wouldn't like to have them as my partners. And so I'm racist.
Reply 58
By confusing him for a white guy? No it isn't. I ended up with my Asian boyfriend the same way you'd end up with a White boyfriend.

Fair enough.
This guy

Or what about

Dominic-Cooper-in-The-Devils-Double-2011-Movie-Image.jpg

He's white but ironically (to you) has darker skin than the guy above. Do these guys look completely different? I think they're both attractive

If someone is going to date an asian guy who looks like a white guy, then they should just date a white guy.

By the way, this is exactly why A LOT of asian men and women develop an inferiority complex and try to be somebody they are not. Because they want bitches like katyness to accept them for who they are.

Latest