The Student Room Group

LSE Postgrad Applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question to the UK graduates who applied to LSE ? Would you say having the GMAT really increases your chances of getting in ? I know its recommended but not compulsory. My question really is, if you dnt hold the gmat, do you need a kick ass undergrad and application to get in or do ? Thanks so much ! and congrats to all that have been accepted !
Hey everyone,

Just a quick questions to the UK graduates that applied to LSE: the website says the GMAT is recommended but not compulsory. Does that mean you still have a chance if you dont hold a GMAT ? I mean does it really lower your chances to get in if you dont have it ? I'm hoping my undergrad and Work experience can get me in without GMAt. thanks ! :smile: and congrats to all that have been admitted !
Reply 502
Hi! Was wondering if anyone applied to MSc Regulation?
I'm totally new TSR, I applied to the MSc Criminal Justice Policy programme on 18th December and I received an unconditional offer on 23rd January. Anyone applied/received an offer to the same programme?
Reply 504
Hi all,

I applied for MSc Double Degree in Global Media and Communications and received my 4th email on 7th March. When I checked the availability of the course on 22nd March, its status already changed to "closed". However, my application has still been under consideration by the department, and I have not heard anything from them yet. Has anyone experienced the same situation?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 505
Original post by soph_doan
Hi all,

I applied for MSc Double Degree in Global Media and Communications and received my 4th email on 7th March. When I checked the availability of the course on 22nd March, its status already changed to "closed". However, my application has still been under consideration by the department, and I have not heard anything from them yet. Has anyone experienced the same situation?

I read somewhere they still deal applications that were fully received before the programme became full. This means if it was still open/limited availability when you applied received the fourth email, they will consider you. On the other hand, I heard some people were placed on a waiting list, so maybe this might happen. To be honest, I am very uncertain about this, but it definitely does not mean they will disregard your application :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
I got on the reserve list for Financial Mathematics. In the email they said that the course is full and that I will get a final answer in mid august. Waited 3 months exactly after I got the 4th email.
Reply 507
Original post by 92DL
I read somewhere they still deal applications that were fully received before the programme became full. This means if it was still open/limited availability when you applied received the fourth email, they will consider you. On the other hand, I heard some people were placed on a waiting list, so maybe this might happen. To be honest, I am very uncertain about this, but it definitely does not mean they will disregard your application :wink:

Thank you for your reply! I hope that they will get back to me at the end of next week. I honestly prefer a rejection to waiting list. Waiting is really not my strong suit. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 508
Original post by Fint_Math_DK
I got on the reserve list for Financial Mathematics. In the email they said that the course is full and that I will get a final answer in mid august. Waited 3 months exactly after I got the 4th email.

Unfortunate. It's another 4 months to wait, but let's hope for the best. :smile:
Original post by mrmajestyk
Follow up on my earlier e-mail. After realizing my second choice has filled up, and what would be my third choice is close to being full, I emailed the graduate admissions department to state my concern after not having heard yet about my decision in the Development Studies program. That was about 3 hours ago. I just checked application tracker expecting the same message "Under consideration by department" but was surprised to see a conditional offer pending my graduating this May with a 3.5, which I will. To boot I received 9,000 pounds in aid. Woooooo Whoooooo! The tracker said they sent me my offer packet on April 8th, but considering it needs to come by post to the US, I suppose the wait is well worth it. It must take them some time to get all the decisions put in the tracker, so LSE you are forgiven ! Now I just have to raise the rest of the money and Im on my way! Last thing I want or need are more student loans, but I have a feeling with this degree from LSE I could land a pretty solid job. I see one Alumni of the same program is now a Presidential fellow in the Federal Government here in DC. Not a bad gig if you can get it. BAZINGA!

WOW.Thats amazing congratulationss! that is a generous amount of financial aid I must say.As far as i know,they hardly give aid to anyone so this is great.See it was worth the wait :smile: Lse has one of the highest job placement ratse so you could easily land a good job. For now you should go and check all the facebook groups for offerholders! Congrats again!
Congrats.

Ok are there still any IR applicants, i.e. who applied to the MsC in International Relations and who are still awaiting a response for either their first or second choices? Im still awaiting an answer for my second choice. After calling up admissions about three weeks ago, I was told I still should wait a few more weeks. Anyway, if someone is experiencing the same for a IR department programme I would be glad to know. Cheers
Reply 511
I called the admission office this morning. Ive been waiting for more than 8 weeks now they said the decision has been made . they're just waiting for the dept to send the file back to them, which gonna take another week or two. Is this a good sign? :/
Reply 512
Just read on my application tracker they are not considering any applications for financial aid any more. Does this mean they will not accept new ones or that they will not look at submitted ones either?

Thank you
Original post by 92DL
Just read on my application tracker they are not considering any applications for financial aid any more. Does this mean they will not accept new ones or that they will not look at submitted ones either?

Thank you

If you complete the LSE Graduate Financial Support Application form, and are made an offer of admission by 28 April 2014, you will also be automatically considered for any other awards being offered by LSE, for which you are eligible, with the exception of Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) funding where there are separate department led processes in place.

I took this from LSE website. I guess it means they no longer consider your application for financial aid unless a decision was already made on your application to the course. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 514
I took this from LSE website. I guess it means they no longer consider your application for financial aid unless a decision was already made on your application to the course. :frown:

Thank a lot for your response :smile:

Called the financial support office and they confirmed this. That sucks. Guess I won't be going to the LSE :frown:
Reply 516
Did anyone get accepted after the program closed?
Just trying to figure out if I should give up hope :wink:
Original post by 92DL

Thank you

Just yesterday I finished my essay for the financial aid application and planned to submit it today. I'm so pissed, it's ridiculous.
Reply 518
Original post by surfmonkey
Just yesterday I finished my essay for the financial aid application and planned to submit it today. I'm so pissed, it's ridiculous.

I submitted my application 6 weeks ago and was hoping to fall within that deadline. Too bad it didn't work out. Let's hope they will give us an offer :wink: what did you apply for?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ha23
I called the admission office this morning. Ive been waiting for more than 8 weeks now they said the decision has been made . they're just waiting for the dept to send the file back to them, which gonna take another week or two. Is this a good sign? :/

Have you heard back from them?
I've been waiting for 9 weeks now. I called the admission office last week, but the staff told me to keep checking my tracker. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending