The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Update on Application - What does this really mean

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Faye_m
I sent my application off almost 2 weeks ago. Not heard anything for actuarial science. What does that mean? I have a mixture of A levels and AP's which may cause an issue...

same here with a mixture of A levels and AP's
Applying to straight econ:tongue:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Chab-Chab
Not if they really want you. I got the same email within 48 hours of sending off my application on 30th September and my offer came in today (Law).

If they want you, you will hear sooner rather than later! :smile:

I don't know how good LSE is for law but I'm assuming its one of the best so congratulations!! Did you also get an email saying that you were being considered by the "further selector" or something along those lines and that it'd take them somewhere around 5 weeks?
Anyway, its good to know there's a chance, a minute one but a chance nevertheless, that I could hear from them before March! Thanks, and once again, congratulations!!
Reply 22
Original post by lostesp
same here with a mixture of A levels and AP's
Applying to straight econ:tongue:

How many AP's and how many A levels. I got 5 on 2 AP's and I'm predicted A* on a level maths for actuarial science. Although my SAT score is pretty bad to be honest...
Reply 23
Original post by absmith9296
I don't know how good LSE is for law but I'm assuming its one of the best so congratulations!! Did you also get an email saying that you were being considered by the "further selector" or something along those lines and that it'd take them somewhere around 5 weeks?
Anyway, its good to know there's a chance, a minute one but a chance nevertheless, that I could hear from them before March! Thanks, and once again, congratulations!!

Nope, just an email saying I'll hear in 2 weeks, and then exactly two weeks later, I heard from them with an offer. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by lostesp
Hmm, I took 4 APs in May 2012, 5 in chem, macro, micro , and 4 in environ.

A levels: maths and econ A* achieved, a in AS physics
predicted: further maths and A level physics A* A*

I messed up my SAT as well cuz its freaking hard. :wink:

Let me know how your application goes :smile: it's definitely way stronger than mine
Reply 25
Original post by Faye_m
Let me know how your application goes :smile: it's definitely way stronger than mine

Sure, but i sort of screwed up my PS.
I just sent my application last Friday, and I haven't heard from LSE yet.
Reply 26
Hello guys!

I experienced exactly what most of you did!

I didn't get the acknowledgement, but after 5 days since I sent the applicationI received the first letter: they were assessing and considering; today (1 week since I sent the application) I got the second mail: I am strong enough, they'll take up to 5 weeks.

I guess this is just routine. If 2 weeks meant 2 days, then probably 5 weeks could end up being 5 days, couldn't they? :wink:
Nope, just an email saying I'll hear in 2 weeks, and then exactly two weeks later, I heard from them with an offer. :smile:

Are you international? If so, that would be a reason for the offer coming so quickly. The restrictions on internationals are different to those for home students, and it means they can make decisions a bit more quickly.
Reply 28
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Are you international? If so, that would be a reason for the offer coming so quickly. The restrictions on internationals are different to those for home students, and it means they can make decisions a bit more quickly.

Yes, I am an international applicant. :yes:
Yes, I am an international applicant. :yes:

Thought so. Home applicants will have to wait a bit longer, I'm afraid.
Reply 30
Original post by lostesp
Sure, but i sort of screwed up my PS.
I just sent my application last Friday, and I haven't heard from LSE yet.

Why you think you screwed it up?
I have also received an email last monday saying they would make their decisions in two weeks. And today, I got rejectedddd. I scored over 90% in all the papers in AS and are predicted 4A*. Perhaps grades really dont matter and they just said my PS wasn't good enough...
Reply 32
Original post by smileyworld501
I have also received an email last monday saying they would make their decisions in two weeks. And today, I got rejectedddd. I scored over 90% in all the papers in AS and are predicted 4A*. Perhaps grades really dont matter and they just said my PS wasn't good enough...

Which course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33

I am sorry for you. Where else did you apply to?

What did they write to you? And aren't you entitled to ask them why they rejected you??
Reply 34

:frown: I am sorry for you. And I feel a bit worried too. Did the email that you receive last monday says something like" I am reviewing your PS and academic qualifications, and I will update your application process in two weeks"?

I just received the email(about review PS) last night.> <

By the way, what course did you apply to and apply as an international student or an UK/EU student?
Reply 35
Original post by lostesp
:frown: I am sorry for you. And I feel a bit worried too. Did the email that you receive last monday says something like" I am reviewing your PS and academic qualifications, and I will update your application process in two weeks"?

By the way, what course did you apply to and apply as an international student or an UK/EU student?

The email you got is just a routine email. I got that too, and after a some days you may receive
1- an offer (if you are OUTSTANDING; Chab-Chab got one but she has an exceptional profile
2- A mail that says that your application is "strong enough to be considered further"
3- a rejection

I got the first mail about the assessment and after two days received email 2.
Reply 36
It seems like I'm in the same boat as most people here.

I'm applying for L100 at LSE and I got the 1st letter (reviewing your academic qualifications) about 10 days ago. And I got the 2nd letter (strong enough to be considered further) two days later. I haven't heard back since.

And I'm an Australian student :smile:
Original post by azns
Which course did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied for Economics.
Original post by lostesp

I received an email last monday saying they would update my application status in two weeks and I got a rejection yesterday. I have applied for economics and my other choices are Oxford, UCL, Warwick and Sheffield. So just hope the other choices will be alright:redface:

PS. I am an international student currently studying in the uk:smile:

you were right, got my offer two days ago... exactly two weeks after the first one

Quick Reply

Latest