Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by TheFuzzyToaster
No, I've also switched to the foundation year which is cool :smile: so glad that I'm not the only one though now.

Oh great! There's another person doing the foundation year also so that's three of us now. You joined the facebook group for hull firmers and freshers?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 461
Original post by chloescottt
Be a pretty good course with 2 of us haha, but the pressure will be on! :L Just have to see who's there on the first day! Are you in halls? :smile:

I came through clearing so I've applied for halls but not sure if i'll get it... what about you?
Original post by xtjh95x
I came through clearing so I've applied for halls but not sure if i'll get it... what about you?

I came through clearing too, but I know Hull really well as I have family there so I'm in a house share near Anlaby Road. :smile:
Awesome! No but I will do now :smile:

Original post by leahcee
Oh great! There's another person doing the foundation year also so that's three of us now. You joined the facebook group for hull firmers and freshers?
It's a great group

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone studying politics or staying in Ferens Hall? I can't seem to find anyone else doing my course or staying near me!
Reply 466
Anyone applying for accommodation with universal student living people? I like what I've seen from the pictures but not sure it is legit
Reply 467
Is anyone living at Morgan the lawns or is doing physics with astrophysics???
Reply 468
Original post by chloescottt
I came through clearing too, but I know Hull really well as I have family there so I'm in a house share near Anlaby Road. :smile:

Oh right that's good then! Hopefully I get halls but if not a student house :smile:
Does anyone know if we can access our reading lists yet and if so, where from? I have no idea what I need yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JazFletcher
Does anyone know if we can access our reading lists yet and if so, where from? I have no idea what I need yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to know this too! Looking forward to buying stuff:')
Original post by AlexJWise
I really want to know this too! Looking forward to buying stuff:')

We get it in Fresher's Week :smile: I asked one of the lecturers from my department on one of the open days :smile:
Mature student live near Hull doing history. Bit nervous tbh. All you clever young people!!
Original post by Peach19
Hey every one I'm also gonna start uni this year but i'm trying to not rush into things and think carefully bout my choices. I have chemical engineering offer from hull (which I haven't replied yet) but I don't know much about how good the engineering course in hull is or the graduate prospects. I tried researching about it and just found out the chemical engineering is a pretty new course in hull. If possible can any engineering student give me advice. Also cuz I live in london it makes it a bit difficult to pick hull.
(I do have a biochemistry course offer at from kent which is good uni but I personally would like to pick chemical engineering, I just dont know if I should pick hull.)
Any comment is appreciated. Thank you

hI pEACH19, I can't really comment on the contents of the course because this is not my field at all, but if the course is pretty new, chances are it will have been designed to match the needs of some local employers : you have the only remaining BP Chemicals plant in the UK on your doorstep in Saltend, as well as their global research centre and a chemical park expanding there as well, so in terms of jobs prospects you should't have to look to far. May be if you contact the department they can give you some info about this.
In terms of travelling, there is a direct train to London which takes just over two hours, so it is not the end of the world if you want to travel back. And for the rest, cheaper living conditions and friendly locals. What's not to like !
Original post by JazFletcher

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reading lists will be available on line once your student account has been set up, but if your appetite needs wetting you can try the Libguides, which are lists of resources for specific subjects. It looks like it is accessible without a student log in, just go on the university website, selct library at the top and then lib guide.

http://libguides.hull.ac.uk/home
Original post by megan5
Is anyone living at Morgan the lawns or is doing physics with astrophysics???

Hi, i am staying at Morgan too, I'm studying biology. I think I am in block A?? :smile:
Hey, anyone studying chemistry with a foundation year? Would be nice to speak to some of you beforehand!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys anyone studying LLB Law :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone doing human biology??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stephenkeane
Mature student live near Hull doing history. Bit nervous tbh. All you clever young people!!

Hi Stephen,
I'm going to be a Hull History student too. Nice to meet you in advance. I think many people are nervous, me included! Is anyone else on the thread studying History?

Quick Reply

Latest