The Student Room Group

Would you recommend subscribing to The Economist?

I've heard a few reviews on it being a really well written magazine and in general a good magazine to read every week.

Is it worth paying £38 for every 13 weeks as a student subscription?
First 12 weeks will be £1 each.

Any reviews?
I've never really been an Economist fan, I always find there is too little I want to read about and then its often not in the detail I would like it to be. I find the FT to be more useful for me, its a bit more expensive I think, not sure if you can get some kind of student offer.
Reply 2
The Economist is brilliant, when I was at my college our library used to subscribe to it and I used to read it weekly. However i've since left college and i'm now on a gap year although I have begun to subscribe to The Economist and it's a great read. Also the Financial Times is a brilliant newspaper to read, i'd recommend subscribing to that too.
Reply 3
FT is good, although admittedly I get a free subscription through my workplace so I can't make comment on the value for money.
Reply 4
I have 30 unread copies from last year :l

decided not to resubscribe because of this
Forgive an ignorant question, but is the additional content in the print version worth the cost when the website is generally top quality and free?
Reply 6
Yes, I always nicked my dad's copies to read when he was done. It's great for tidbit information and acquiring breadth not depth, and very handy for statistics to floor people in school debates :wink:
Yup! It's a great read! A tad too boring at times because of the bulk of info on it, but still worth a subscription, I think :smile: !
I don't know how any student actually has time to read it, I certainly didn't so it just went unread every week.

It's very good, but laborious to get through.
Reply 9
Original post by Antifazian
I don't know how any student actually has time to read it, I certainly didn't so it just went unread every week.

It's very good, but laborious to get through.

This. I've got stacks of them in my room unread, was too focused on exams - I've read one of the articles so far
Reply 10
Our school subscribes us to them. I never read one fully.

I would personally just look around the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending