The Student Room Group

Ma social work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hello :smile: I've just found this thread and am over the moon as I'm keen to chat to others on the MA social work road!

I accepted a place at Manchester university...I'm married with a newborn baby and have no idea how I'm going to manage financially, but I really, really want to do this course!! Does anyone know what percentage of MA graduates go on to get a job on completion of the MA?
Reply 81
Original post by Aimz1989
I'm on the reserve list for Swansea! Anyone else had this????

Hey! Congrats almost there.. :smile: I had my interview in Swansea today and they said we should know within the next week or two so hopefully you will know for definite then.. As we were told today you would be put on the reserved list until everyone had been interviewed! Good Luck! X
Congratulations on your place!
Graduate employment for Social Work MA is pretty high although I don't know what percentage actually go in to social work for Manchester employment was 82% after 6months in 2013 which is reasonable.
I had a new born when I started my undergrad and now have a 3 year old for this course and I think it totally depends on your situation, i.e. how much your partner earns and the top-up fees you're expected to pay. I had a peek at man uni and your fees are 2,500 over the allocated amount so you'll have to consider this, also unless you have some free childcare you will be paying a significant amount yourself as the max they pay is around £126pw. I don't know if childcare is cheaper in your area but you'll need full time childcare which costs me £220pw.
But also remember by second year you will be working a stressful full time job and doing postgrad level work which will mean evenings and weekends so be prepared to miss out on a lot. I don't want to be all doom and gloom Ha! But I think the realisation has just hit me about basically giving up 2 years of my life and my son but hopefully it will be worth it in the end!
Reply 83
Original post by san1shine
Got an interview at Bedfordshire on Friday!MSC Social work

Interview done.just waiting for reply-fingers crossed!
Reply 84
Original post by cementedweetabix
Me too! Super nervous as I want this a LOT.

Hey..how was it for you?what a day
Reply 85
Original post by cerismarie
Hey! Congrats almost there.. :smile: I had my interview in Swansea today and they said we should know within the next week or two so hopefully you will know for definite then.. As we were told today you would be put on the reserved list until everyone had been interviewed! Good Luck! X

I was told there wasn't many on the reserve list but I'm not quite sure how it works? Do you no ?? :smile:
Reply 86
I was told there wasn't many on the reserve list but I'm not quite sure how it works? Do you no ?? :smile:

Yes we were told that too, not many people were put on it. Only time will tell now.. Getting anxious lol! :smile:
Reply 87
Hi, just wondering if anyone is going to Sussex? :smile:
edit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 89
Anyone heard back from swansea?
Reply 90
No Nothing yet have u!! Shud do by next week hopefully
Reply 91
No Nothing yet have u!! Shud do by next week hopefully

No I havnt - I thought they said a week, getting slightly obsessed with refreshing my blinkin emails haha!
Reply 92
Original post by jkocall
No I havnt - I thought they said a week, getting slightly obsessed with refreshing my blinkin emails haha!

Me too lol every time I have an email I have a little heart attack lol
Reply 93
Me too lol every time I have an email I have a little heart attack lol

Same here!! Did you apply to any other unis? It's so competitive I don't want to get my hopes up but I just wanna know now haha xx
Reply 94
Original post by jkocall
Same here!! Did you apply to any other unis? It's so competitive I don't want to get my hopes up but I just wanna know now haha xx
. Iv applied to Cardiff Aswel but won't hear off then till April! I no it's horrible wait lol have u applied anywhere else???
Reply 95
Hi Emy, please can I have tips for individual interview at uel if possible please
Reply 96
Hi guys 😊

I have applied for my masters at wolves & university of Birmingham. Just wondered if anyone could shed some light on the written test as I have them next week for both?
I have looked at a couple of articles and know briefly about the codes of practice as I looked at these for my personal statement. Would be really great full for some help on this as I am extremely apprehensive about it because I want to get onto it so much.

Thanks x
Hello :smile:

I have an interview at Wolves on 31st. What has everyone done for prep? I've got a current issue to discuss but unsure of what I should read up on before the interview? I had an interview at Keele in Feb and was unsuccessful so I am quite nervous :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by emzles_1991
Hello :smile:

I have an interview at Wolves on 31st. What has everyone done for prep? I've got a current issue to discuss but unsure of what I should read up on before the interview? I had an interview at Keele in Feb and was unsuccessful so I am quite nervous :frown:

I have one in wolves too on Monday, I don't think we will need to discuss anything? I thought it was just a written test and if you pass that then you will be called back for a personal interview. I don't really know what to expect because I missed my keele an Bham interviews because reality is I won't be able to commute an I have all my eggs in one basket. I haven't started any prep but will be reading up on codes of practice and reading some social work articles and I will practice some essay writing as I haven't wrote anything intelligent in a over a year now eeeek. I'm nervous too hope, it goes well for us all
Reply 99
Hi, I plan on doing the same, reading articles and remembering codes of practice and praying it goes well. I don't know what more we can do I wish someone had a clearer explanation of what to expect eeek, I missed my Bham interview last week or I would of had an insight of the process but what I have read on here diff unis ask diff things

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending