The Student Room Group

Is so much easier for a man to have an attractive body..

Scroll to see replies

Grass is always greener :lol:

I've always thought that for both genders, if you:

- Clean yourself
- Wear deodorant
- Wear nice clothes
- Aren't stressed out 24/7
- Smile and emanate confidence
- Keep yourself in shape
- Have a good sense of humour
- Don't eat crap

You're going to struggle to be ugly. There are a few ways that girls get to cheat on this though:

- High heels which make you taller and have nicer bum
- Make up which covers poor skin and stressed expression

And there's advantages for guys on the other side:

- Nicer clothes are cheaper
- Easier to clean regularly (hair especially)

I personally think it's easier for guys, I'm not exactly a good looking guy but all I have to do is wear nice clothes, not live on takeaway and have a laugh.
Reply 61
Original post by civilstudent
'flawed' do you watch star trek voyager:tongue: Why do you think Im a retard for noticing that men can get almost the body they want through effort/training yet females can't as some assets (ie breasts) they are stuck with.

Its not my 'argument' its just an opinion/thought I had whilst working out. Haven't you never given a 'retarded argument'? But then you wouldnt know if you had because to you it would make sense. But then I don't think your threads are retarded I think you make some interesting ones :smile:

See about the height of a man it doesnt bother me as Im short anyway, short guys can be hot to me! Though to women in general it might be different.
I've already explained my arguments if you would read my previous posts.

I already told you if you're THAT bothered about your breast size, gain weight. Breast tissue is fat. You gain weight = you put some weight on your breasts. If you're still unhappy, save up and get a boob job. I did explain before that guys don't care very much about breast size.

Thank you for finding my threads interesting although I think that smiley denotes sarcasm.

You might not care about height but go out into the real world and many many women do. Naturally broad shoulders (i.e. bone structure) they love too. These are things a guy cannot change. He was born with his height and can't change it. He was born with his bone structure and can't change it.

Now tell me again why you think women have it harder?
Original post by Bassetts
Like someone else said, you don't need to work out and push yourself to be attractive as a girl. Before you even worked out, you had a body that was attractive to a decent proportion of guys. That includes your chest (most guys do not care abour your chest size) and your butt.

If you are THAT bothered about your chest, put on more weight. Eat more. Some of that weight is bound to go to your chest. After all, your breasts are fat tissue so extra weight will make them bigger. Your butt has muscle in so you can increase the size of that in two ways.

You yourself said that getting muscles doesn't make a girl more attractive, so why are you putting so much effort into working out and getting those muscles?

Im not putting so much effort into getting huge muscles (like a body builder would), I just want to look very fit/toned plus Im increasing my fitness levels/training anyway. I enjoy pushing myself to the limit I love leaving the gym after a workout feeling exhausted feels like Ive done something! Not to the point of being sick though, Ive got a phobia of puking!! No way am I putting on weight (fat) if thats what attractive to guys Ive had it!
Reply 63
This whole thing of men thinking they know how a woman's body works and what's expected of them when they're a guy and then bleating on about how hard they've got it got old a long time ago. :sigh:
Reply 64
Im not putting so much effort into getting huge muscles (like a body builder would), I just want to look very fit/toned plus Im increasing my fitness levels/training anyway. I enjoy pushing myself to the limit I love leaving the gym after a workout feeling exhausted feels like Ive done something! Not to the point of being sick though, Ive got a phobia of puking!! No way am I putting on weight (fat) if thats what attractive to guys Ive had it!
I'm glad you enjoy that. However this thread is not about enjoying things. It's about which sex has it harder to get an attractive body.

Look, even a number of girls on this thread agree that it's harder for guys. Members of your own sex are disagreeing with you.
Reply 65
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Grass is always greener :lol:

I've always thought that for both genders, if you:

- Clean yourself
- Wear deodorant
- Wear nice clothes
- Aren't stressed out 24/7
- Smile and emanate confidence
- Keep yourself in shape
- Have a good sense of humour
- Don't eat crap

You're going to struggle to be ugly. There are a few ways that girls get to cheat on this though:

- High heels which make you taller and have nicer bum
- Make up which covers poor skin and stressed expression

And there's advantages for guys on the other side:

- Nicer clothes are cheaper
- Easier to clean regularly (hair especially)

I personally think it's easier for guys, I'm not exactly a good looking guy but all I have to do is wear nice clothes, not live on takeaway and have a laugh.

I always thought this.

I learned a while ago that this site's expectations of the opposite sex are laughably unrealistic, though.
Reply 66
Original post by 2ndClass
Just to add, a man's attractiveness also emanates primarily from his height. A guy can have a 10/10 toned physique, but if he's only 5ft tall, most girls aren't going near him. So yes in that department, women do have a leg up because guys in general don't care how tall the girl is.

Most guys don't want a tall girl.
Reply 67
Tell me how a flat/tiny chested woman can get a superb physique through effort/training..

the way a guy can through going to the gym.

Despite what Cosmopolitan likes to tell people there is not a one size fits all in regards to what men find attractive.
Reply 68
Original post by PinkyQT
Most guys don't want a tall girl.

lol any time I say this, the white knights rush in to slay me.
(edited 10 years ago)
How come people say that men have it harder/more is expected when it comes to having a nice body? Any man can have an attractive body by working out/weights and all that. However as a female I train regular but apparantly even though Im toned/strong can never have a superb body because Im flat chested (well size AA). Men don't tend to look at a womans muscles and be attracted its usually the breasts/bum they care about and things that are hard to/impossible to improve. With guys its about muscles which can certainly be improved.

btw Im not sexist or anything like that im just trying to see things as they are and am questioning it. We know that woman have makeup to hide behind and Im not disputing that asI agree but Im asking about the body..

what do you think guys/girls? Opinions?

1. We cannot use make-up.
2. Cardio to keep you skinny is much, much, much, much easier, not to mention less expensive, than lifting weights.
3. It is a complete myth that men care about breast size, other than for the purpose of bravado.

That said, it does seem your boobs are really small, AA is as small as it gets. It wouldn't bother me one iota if I were your partner, but if you really feel it's holding you back get a boob job. My girlfriend used to have poached eggs for boobs and she got one (well before she met me, I'd have tried my best to talk her out of it!)

But they cost some £4-5k privately, and according to a Daily Mail article last week they are about to end the NHS boob jobs you could formerly get by claiming it was affecting your self-esteem. I would try to get put on a waiting list pronto before that happens - if a boob job is the route you wish to take.

I will re-iterate that I and most men of any sort of intelligence or discernment whatsoever care more about personality and sexual compatibility than breast size. It does not make you any less feminine or anything like that.
Reply 70
Most women have an acceptable body as default, they just need to not eat **** and do some exercise to keep it.

Men on the other hand aren't born tall and muscular. Height can't be changed and getting muscular is a lot of work.
No they don't. Who said they need to starve themselves?

Sounds like you've been reading too much **** from Cosmo, Heat and other ****ty womens magazines.

I've actually never read those magazines, never have, never will. I'm saying from experience that we need to eat less (starving might have been a tad hyperbolic) and eat healthy in order to have nice bodies. I used to be a competitive swimmer but I whatever I wanted and didn't really have a nice body. Even now, I'm fairly toned, but it's still the food that gets me.
This too. Naturally broad shoulders they are attracted to. And height.

The more I read these arguments, the more I laugh out loud @ the OP for thinking girls have it harder to get a good body. The OP's argument is flawed and retarded.

You can get broad shoulders by doing certain sports when you're younger (rowing, swimming, gymnastics etc.), doesn't have to be all genetics. Of course this relies on your 11/12 year old self thinking of benefits they're not that interested in yet to doing 5 or more training sessions a week!
Reply 73
Original post by Le Nombre
You can get broad shoulders by doing certain sports when you're younger (rowing, swimming, gymnastics etc.), doesn't have to be all genetics. Of course this relies on your 11/12 year old self thinking of benefits they're not that interested in yet to doing 5 or more training sessions a week!
I'm 23.

Brb, going back in time 12 years to do those sports.
I'm 23.

Brb, going back in time 12 years to do those sports.

I figured not relevant to most on TSR, just saying there will actually be quite a lot of guys out there with broad shoulders who don't necessarily work out that much for reasons besides genetics.
Reply 75
Original post by rickfloss
the last line is tosh

male bodies are naturally alot more attractive

its just that female features are more baby like, so both sexes find them good to look at

The last line's my opinion, so it may well not be correct. But as you said yourself both sexes find it attractive, probably a lot more people think women are naturally most attractive than think males are....Not looking for a fight, just pointing out that if more people find something good to look at, it's probably more attractive.
I've already explained my arguments if you would read my previous posts.

I already told you if you're THAT bothered about your breast size, gain weight. Breast tissue is fat. You gain weight = you put some weight on your breasts. If you're still unhappy, save up and get a boob job. I did explain before that guys don't care very much about breast size.

Thank you for finding my threads interesting although I think that smiley denotes sarcasm.

You might not care about height but go out into the real world and many many women do. Naturally broad shoulders (i.e. bone structure) they love too. These are things a guy cannot change. He was born with his height and can't change it. He was born with his bone structure and can't change it.

Now tell me again why you think women have it harder?

Ok so many women care about height/bone structure but so do men when it comes to women..wide hips, long legs and all that. Obviously people like different things too but it was my own perspective that made me start the thead, or maybe a bit of resentment lol. In the gym I saw a man chatting up a women basically staring at her chest and she didnt have a particularly 'good/toned body'. At the time I thought meh I can work out all day but my body wont be classed as being as good as someone with a chest like that. Then I thought its ok for guys they can just build muscle or 'get ripped' and they will have a great body..as I thought thats what generally women liked. At least thats what I like, but maybe Im over generalising.

So yea depending on the importance men place on breasts (which according to you is not much) I just saw it as very hard for some women to obtain a body they just don't have. Obviously with wanting to be toned/fit I didn't even think of and would never consider gaining weight to increase breast size. To be fair its not that simple anyway I don't know about others but any extra weight goes straight to my thighs/hips.

I guess from the replies I can see the bigger picture now though so yea I suppose its not really harder for women to get a better body (unless you include decent breasts lol).

No sarcasm, though there must be a reason you suspect it its not just the smiley!
To be fair men have it harder. For some reason most men will have sex with an overweight girl whilst it rarely happens the other way around.

I have a good body now from working out and eating well but even when I was fat I still got men. Not to mention the height thing is a big issue.

Sorry, have to side with the other sex on this issue lol.

*also, if it bothers you that much get a boob job and don't tell anybody, voila, your issue is sorted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 78
Guys are really stupid. NOT ALL GIRLS LOOK GOOD WITH MAKEUP. GIRLS WITH NATURALLY GOOD FEATURES LOOK GOOD WITH MAKEUP.

retards.
Reply 79
Original post by Le Nombre
I figured not relevant to most on TSR, just saying there will actually be quite a lot of guys out there with broad shoulders who don't necessarily work out that much for reasons besides genetics.
Fair enough. I've never liked playing team sports. Too many dick-heads in them and when you perform well, the team gets credit and not you. Another member of the team can let you down and you can't do anything about it.

I prefer solo sports. I hate working in a team with the inevitable dick-heads you have to work with. If I perform badly, it's my own fault. If I do well, all the credit and attention is given to me.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest