The Student Room Group

What grades do you expect to get in your GCSEs/what are your predicted grades?

Scroll to see replies

Sooo, im in year 10, i took core science and religious studies (unit 4) in Year 9..

I got a B in core..what i was predicted..i was gutted tbh..wanted an A..
Anyways i got A in R.S.

For these subjects im predicted:
-Additional science: A
-Further science: Nothing untill i pass additional..
-Math: A*
-Further Maths: I have to pass Math first!
-ICT: A*
-Arabic: B
-Citizenship: A
-P.E: A
-Geo: B
-English Lang: A
-English lit: A*

And to top it all off i have all linear exams, which sucks >_<
Reply 41
My predicted grades were a bit "off".
Subject/predicated grade/actual grade

English Language/B/A
English Literature/B/A*
Maths/A*/A*
Biology/A/A*
Chemistry/A/A*
Physics/A/A*
History/C/A*
Spanish/B/A
Business/B/A*
DT/B/A*
PE/B/A*
Punjabi/E/A
ICT/CC/A*A
Drama/A/B
Predicted: 1A* 4A's 6B's 3C's and an E.
Achieved: 10A*'s 4 A's and 1 B.

Surpassed all my predicted grades, expect for one :mad:. Should have done RE. ;(
Maths: A (Hoping for an A*)
English Language: A (Really want an A* because I re-did my S&L and got an A* in mock)
English Literature: A
Chemistry: A
Biology: A
Physics: A
Fine Art: A (But I'm behind on my coursework because of the English exam on Tuesday, but honestly couldn't care)
Geography: A (HATE this subject and my creepy teacher)
ICT: Distinction
Business Studies: Distinction (Will probably get Distinction* ridiculous subject, hate it).

I pretty much dislike all of my options. Geography makes me want to headbutt a wall, the coursework is driving me mad.
Reply 43
I'm in year 11 now and my predicted grades are really low (Bs and Cs), but I'm expecting to get all As and A*s (I've finished 2 GCSEs already and got As in both). In regards to predicted grades, don't listen to them, just do your best and you'll get mainly As
Apart from RE, my predicted grades range from A* - B. I was predicted an E in RE after I got a G in my practise GCSE (last minute revision didn't seem to do the trick). I managed to get a B in the actual exam though missing out on an A by two marks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yellowcopter
Haven't got my predicted grades yet but I think in my GCSEs I'll get:

English Language A*
English Literature A
Mathematics B
Science A
Additional Science A
Religious Studies A*
Graphic Products A*
Geography A
Fine Art C (Trying to get up to B)
CiDA - Distinction

What about you guys? :smile:

Hi that sounds really good, your predicted grades are amazing. Mine are not as good but according to my teacher mine could be really high if i learnt how to structure properly.
Original post by CaptainSassy
Maths: A (Hoping for an A*)
English Language: A (Really want an A* because I re-did my S&L and got an A* in mock)
English Literature: A
Chemistry: A
Biology: A
Physics: A
Fine Art: A (But I'm behind on my coursework because of the English exam on Tuesday, but honestly couldn't care)
Geography: A (HATE this subject and my creepy teacher)
ICT: Distinction
Business Studies: Distinction (Will probably get Distinction* ridiculous subject, hate it).

I pretty much dislike all of my options. Geography makes me want to headbutt a wall, the coursework is driving me mad.

Hi you sound really smart by those grades, stick with geography you never know it might come in really handy later on in life. what do you want to do when you are older? :smile:
Original post by Okkefac
I've just finished GCSEs, we were given a higher and lower prediction for ours.
( lower prediction, higher prediction, what I thought I'd get, what I got )

Maths A* A* A* A*
Statistics A A* A A
English lit A A* B A
English lang A A* B B
Biology A A* B/A A
Chemistry A A* A A
Physics A A* A A*
Geography A A* B A
French A A* B B
Art A A* A A
RE A* A* A* A*

I think my school just got kind of lazy with me and was like "Oh well let's predict her all A-A*" yes thanks, I obviously didn't achieve that but I am so happy with my results, I did better than I thought I'd do :banana: I wished some of my teachers pushed me a little harder to get all As though, but oh well. Good luck to everyone here the people of TSR are all generally really smart so I'm sure y'all will do very well :biggrin:

How did you do so amazingly those grades are brilliant.???? help a friend out. Well done you!!!
English lang and lit- A*, Maths-A* ,Science-A, RS-A*,Business-A,German-A*,History-A*,French-A
Original post by Okkefac
I've just finished GCSEs, we were given a higher and lower prediction for ours.
( lower prediction, higher prediction, what I thought I'd get, what I got )

Maths A* A* A* A*
Statistics A A* A A
English lit A A* B A
English lang A A* B B
Biology A A* B/A A
Chemistry A A* A A
Physics A A* A A*
Geography A A* B A
French A A* B B
Art A A* A A
RE A* A* A* A*

I think my school just got kind of lazy with me and was like "Oh well let's predict her all A-A*" yes thanks, I obviously didn't achieve that but I am so happy with my results, I did better than I thought I'd do :banana: I wished some of my teachers pushed me a little harder to get all As though, but oh well. Good luck to everyone here the people of TSR are all generally really smart so I'm sure y'all will do very well :biggrin:

How did you do that? You genius! Any good revision tips?
English Language A*
English Literature A
Mathematics B
Biology A*
Chemistry B
Physics B
Additional Science A
Music A*
German A*
Geography A
Mandarin B
Original post by Georgia Morgan
Hi you sound really smart by those grades, stick with geography you never know it might come in really handy later on in life. what do you want to do when you are older? :smile:

Hello! Hopefully join the RAF as an officer of some sorts, not sure what degree I want to do yet, but there's time for that :smile:. I know geography is good subject but it's hard to enjoy it haha.
Hi that sounds really good, your predicted grades are amazing. Mine are not as good but according to my teacher mine could be really high if i learnt how to structure properly.

Those aren't my actual predicted grades, haven't got them yet. :tongue: I hope they're going to be that great though! My target grades are C/B meaning they might not be able to be that great.
11 A* grades
Reply 54
How did you do so amazingly those grades are brilliant.???? help a friend out. Well done you!!!

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
How did you do that? You genius! Any good revision tips?

You sure you guys are reading the right column? xD I got 3A*6A2B, which compared to a lot of people on here isn't that amazing.
Original post by Okkefac
You sure you guys are reading the right column? xD I got 3A*6A2B, which compared to a lot of people on here isn't that amazing.

I'd kill for these grades all the same! Look at what I'm predicted! I don't think I'll get these :eek:
Reply 56
Original post by Midnightmemories
I work really hard. It's just that I struggle in one subject that they base all the targets on. Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry targets are nothing! All the teachers in my school know I'm an a* student yet I went in on September for year 10 to find I have targets of B's and C's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'd kill for these grades all the same! Look at what I'm predicted! I don't think I'll get these :eek:

Aww, well I bet you can do just as well, I thought I would do much worse than I actually did XD.
Hey, you're predicted better than I was :smile:
If you want any advice on how to get your predicted grades I'd say figure out where your strengths and weaknesses are, and focus on your weaknesses. Some people can get A/A* without any revision (I never revised for my maths) yet others need to work harder (I revised loaaads for my sciences and ended up with AAA* in them). Also focus on the subjects you might want to do at A level/college/etc if you have an idea. And past papers, never any harm in doing loads of past papers ;3
Original post by Okkefac
Aww, well I bet you can do just as well, I thought I would do much worse than I actually did XD.
Hey, you're predicted better than I was :smile:
If you want any advice on how to get your predicted grades I'd say figure out where your strengths and weaknesses are, and focus on your weaknesses. Some people can get A/A* without any revision (I never revised for my maths) yet others need to work harder (I revised loaaads for my sciences and ended up with AAA* in them). Also focus on the subjects you might want to do at A level/college/etc if you have an idea. And past papers, never any harm in doing loads of past papers ;3

Yes o wise one :tongue:
Original post by Okkefac

Yeah i am reading the right thing, just saying thoses grades you should be proud of.

Quick Reply

Latest