14. StrangeBanana (♂)-Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Physics
15. Winading001 (♂)- Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Literature

Symbols:

♀-Female
♂-Male

[Italics]-Unknown
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 81
Hi I am also applying for Westminster I received a letter with the timetable and it says we write our personal statements there. Does anyone know if we get help with this like can we take notes or do we have to write it under test conditions? Thanks :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by notamondaygirl
Hi I am also applying for Westminster I received a letter with the timetable and it says we write our personal statements there. Does anyone know if we get help with this like can we take notes or do we have to write it under test conditions? Thanks :smile:

I am not quite sure actually. Personally, I would write notes just in case because personal statements usually require hobbies and why you want to do those specific subjects so I guess writing a list of hobbies and reasons why you chose your subjects won't hurt? They're just used so in the interview stage they can ask you questions based on your hobbies etc. :3
I'm in the same situation as you, notamondaygirl. Nobody else from my school applied to Harris-Westminster. D: But I wouldn't worry; I think a lot of people will be in the same position as us.

By the way, did anyone else go to the event at the House of Lords (the one where Boris Johnson gave a talk)?
Reply 84
Original post by StrangeBanana
I'm in the same situation as you, notamondaygirl. Nobody else from my school applied to Harris-Westminster. D: But I wouldn't worry; I think a lot of people will be in the same position as us.

By the way, did anyone else go to the event at the House of Lords (the one where Boris Johnson gave a talk)?

Unfortunately I'm the only one too. And no, but do tell about the event!
Reply 85
Hey guys, guess I should introduce myself. I'm Helena, I've picked French, History, English Lit and Classics.

Has anyone received any information regarding the dress code? I'm really unsure as to how formal the day will be.

Also, has anybody else applied for Classical Languages without having done Greek or Latin at GCSE? On the website it does say that you're allowed to apply without either GCSE, but I'm still expected to sit the entrance exam... slight issue.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 86

Hey, I went there too!
Original post by helenaaaaa
Hey, I went there too!

Cool! :biggrin: Maybe we met! :redface: I was a white guy in a suit. :P (Probably doesn't narrow it down much xD)

Also: French, History, English Lit. and Classics? Nice mix! ^^

Spoiler

Also, Aargee, to be honest I don't think you'll need to revise much. Judging from the specimen questions, logical reasoning and decent maths-skills should get you through it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jalouise
TSR Applicants for Harris Westminster September 2014 Entry:

1. Aargee- Chemistry, Maths, Physics, RS
2. Abiword ()- ?
3. Bytecry- Chemistry, Further Maths, Maths, Physics
4. Goldenboom (♂) - Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Maths
5. hopeitwrksout (♀)
6. icantdothishelp (♀)- Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History
7. Jalouise (♀)-Biology, Chemistry, Maths, RS
8. KoolAid (♀)- Biology, Chemistry, Economics, English Literature
9. Mathbomb (♂)- Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics
10. sciencelover5 (♀)-?
11. Winading001- ?

Symbols:

♀-Female
♂-Male

[Italics]-Unknown

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths :smile:
Reply 89
Cool! :biggrin: Maybe we met! :redface: I was a white guy in a suit. :P (Probably doesn't narrow it down much xD)

Also: French, History, English Lit. and Classics? Nice mix! ^^

Spoiler

Also, Aargee, to be honest I don't think you'll need to revise much. Judging from the specimen questions, logical reasoning and decent maths-skills should get you through it.

Hopefully no one wears suits on Saturday. Going to stick out like a sore thumb,
Original post by Bytecry
Hopefully no one wears suits on Saturday. Going to stick out like a sore thumb,

Heh, indeed. :P I think I'll just wear jeans and a t-shirt. Hopefully, though, they'll tell us what the dress-code is.
Heh, indeed. :P I think I'll just wear jeans and a t-shirt. Hopefully, though, they'll tell us what the dress-code is.

same i am going to wear jeans and a tshirt! :smile:
I'm just going to stick with white shirt, black tie and black trousers. No blazer
:cool:
Original post by hajarjarir
Hey I've applied too I'm number 151, female, subjects: maths, further maths, english lit and economics
I have a question: Do we go dressed smart or casual to the exam Im utterly confused? So everyone smart or casual?!?!?!?

Im candidate 150 xD
I'm going to dress casual partly because we're spending the entire day ther,e and also i dont think they're going to focus a lot of attention on what people wear, especially if there's going to be over 300 students - we're probably going to be just numbers to them tomorrow.

I've already wrote my personal statement a couple weeks back, so I just printed off a copy of it. Hopefully I'll be able to just use that, or at least copy it if i need to write it by hand.
Reply 95
Original post by icantdothishelp
I've already wrote my personal statement a couple weeks back, so I just printed off a copy of it. Hopefully I'll be able to just use that, or at least copy it if i need to write it by hand.

I really wish I had thought of that earlier! Its a bit too late now I will just have to make some notes and hope for the best.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 96
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
I really wish I had thought of that earlier! Its a bit too late know I will just have to make some notes and hope for the best.

Well they cant expect you to write the best personal statement ever in 20 minutes, so you should be fine. Just talk about what you do outside of school, why you like the subjects you've chosen, plans after college, what type of career you want and so on. Overall it should focus more on you as a person than your school life.
Original post by helenaaaaa
Hey, I went there too!

Me too! I'm the one in the grey dress/blue cardi next to the mayor in the photo on the website :biggrin:

Oh and haidere lena
Original post by icantdothishelp
Im candidate 150 xD
I'm going to dress casual partly because we're spending the entire day ther,e and also i dont think they're going to focus a lot of attention on what people wear, especially if there's going to be over 300 students - we're probably going to be just numbers to them tomorrow.

With you on that one. Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending