The Student Room Group

Student Finance still processing?

Hey all,

About a month or so I sent my declaration form off to Student Finance, but after a phonecall last Wednesday, a couple of days after it was supposed to go in but didn't, it had turned out that I had sent it to the wrong PO Box (it was on a letter, but apparently they had changed the PO Box). So, okay, no problem, I printed out the declaration form and sent it first class that evening.

So this gone Thursday, and my payment was still 'progressing'. So I gave them a call and they said they were only just reading mail received last Thursday, and that it could take up til a fortnight to actually get my payment! But I have a really bad feeling that something has gone wrong, and I'm gonna have to send another declaration form, and wait even longer. At this rate, my loan and grant are going to be a Christmas present!

Has anyone else had similar experiences to this? And how long did it actually take to receive your payment?
Original post by songforclay90
Hey all,

About a month or so I sent my declaration form off to Student Finance, but after a phonecall last Wednesday, a couple of days after it was supposed to go in but didn't, it had turned out that I had sent it to the wrong PO Box (it was on a letter, but apparently they had changed the PO Box). So, okay, no problem, I printed out the declaration form and sent it first class that evening.

So this gone Thursday, and my payment was still 'progressing'. So I gave them a call and they said they were only just reading mail received last Thursday, and that it could take up til a fortnight to actually get my payment! But I have a really bad feeling that something has gone wrong, and I'm gonna have to send another declaration form, and wait even longer. At this rate, my loan and grant are going to be a Christmas present!

Has anyone else had similar experiences to this? And how long did it actually take to receive your payment?

The only thing you can do is wait.

Did you send it by recorded delivery? If not, why not? It's something pretty important, so you need to know it has got there safely.

They have already told you they're working on things received last Thursday. You sent it Wednesday, so it'll probably be with them Fri/Sat. It depends on how much stuff they're bent sent as to how long it'll take.

Once they send the money, it'll take about 3-5 days to appear in your bank account.

If you didn't send your declaration form recorded, send one again, via recorded/special delivery, so that you KNOW it has got there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending