The Student Room Group

Weekend away with girlfriend ideas

I'm trying to organise a surprise getaway weekend for myself and my girlfriend for our anniversary but I'm really falling short on ideas, so I really need some help on ideas.

i have a budget of about 400 quid and just want to get away somewhere fun with stuff to do in the day which isn't boring really but has a good nightlife as well as we both do like to have a drink or two. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :smile:

cheers
London?
Leeds?
York (might fall down on the nightlife bit, but it's a charming place with a few things to do and see).
Reply 2
Reply 3
All sounds good, is there anything in particular I should look into doing for during the days?
Reply 4
Easyjet to anywhere in Europe you want really. Very cheap and can book very cheap hotels and have money leftover from 400 quid.
Reply 5
Edinburgh :smile:
There's the touristy things like the dungeon and zoo for through the days and the nightlife is surprisingly good :smile:
Piggybacking across the Yorkshire dales :sexface:
Reply 7
Original post by Bleakmax
I'm trying to organise a surprise getaway weekend for myself and my girlfriend for our anniversary but I'm really falling short on ideas, so I really need some help on ideas.

i have a budget of about 400 quid and just want to get away somewhere fun with stuff to do in the day which isn't boring really but has a good nightlife as well as we both do like to have a drink or two. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :smile:

cheers

where are you based?
Reply 8
Anal.

Sorry I just saw weekend away with girlfriend and assumed you wanted ideas..

Rome is nice.
Reply 9
I am from Durham, already a city I would recommend and for mine and my boyfriends anniversary he payed for us to go to London for 3 nights and we got the train to Paris and stayed there for 4 nights. We stayed in cheap hotels but they were really clean and I was so impressed. I'm not sure how much it cost but I would say £400 for both of us. If you tell hotels it's a suprise anniversary gift, they normally get you free champagne. He didnt pay for food as there was no point, we went for 3 romantic meals on the trip and just ate Greggs and sandwhiches for the rest of the time! What he didnt know is I had surprised him with a trip to SWEDEN during the Winter, it was our anniversary in the summer so I obviously bought him so gifts but this present was for 6 months ahead. Last winter we went to Sweden for 3 days, 2 nighrs and it was super romantic! It cost just under £300. This year we spoke about it as we are both doing Camp America and went to York and it was amazing. £50 for both of us on the train and £100 for 4 nights in a B&B!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest