The Student Room Group

Any Smiths/Morrissey fans?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciarán
I guess everyone has heard the news about Morrissey having cancer. I'm heartbroken and praying for a speedy recovery for him!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the issue has been sensationalised in the media. Morrissey didn't outright say 'I have cancer'. Although he did mention that he had 'four scrapings' of cancer. Again, we don't know how accurate this is as it has been translated from a Spanish interview.

I also understand that Morrissey suffers from Barrett's Oesophagus, and it is estimated that 5% of people with this condition go on to develop cancer - so it could be true, but we don't actually know for certain whether he has got cancer or not.

I don't think we should jump to conclusions just yet.
I hope he's alright though, and manages to make it through the tour.

By the way, here's a new picture of him with a fan in Madrid.

Well at least now he has an actual reason to be a complete & utter tosser.
Reply 82
"If I die, I die..."

Such a Moz response to having cancer.
Rise up from the ashes thread :tongue:

Listening to The Smiths again after not listening for a while. I forgot how relatable their music is.

Certainly life changing music.
yup - I'm a huge smiths fan
I was wearing a smiths t shirt earlier today - it's the one that's actually got will smith's family on it, so it's a joke shirt, but I like it
Reply 85
Why have I only just found this thread? I love The Smiths/Morrissey
I recently got four album/advertising posters for my wall and now my room is 100x better.
Original post by corax
Why have I only just found this thread? I love The Smiths/Morrissey
I recently got four album/advertising posters for my wall and now my room is 100x better.

Probably because it got lost in the depths of TSR :tongue: I have resurrected it though :biggrin: :tongue:

That's awesome :biggrin: I have 2 posters of the band and 3 t-shirts myself :smile:
The Smiths are succulent, tasty and kind.
Original post by adoremorrissey
The Smiths are succulent, tasty and kind.

A death for no reason is MURDER.

:biggrin:
Original post by sassking13
a death for no reason is murder.

:d

very true!!!
I was obsessed with them during GCSE's lol my love for them is a light that never goes out :biggrin:
Original post by MJlover
I was obsessed with them during GCSE's lol my love for them is a light that never goes out :biggrin:

PRSOM :tongue:
On this historic day, I rediscovered my love for The Smiths :tongue:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6rIPcbJ7jBw
Reply 93
Original post by SassKing13
Probably because it got lost in the depths of TSR :tongue: I have resurrected it though :biggrin: :tongue:

That's awesome :biggrin: I have 2 posters of the band and 3 t-shirts myself :smile:

Probably and nice work!

Ooh cool, I've always been tempted by a t-shirt :smile:
I also like the look of the tote bags, whenever I see someone with one, I just think to myself... you have a good music taste :u:
Original post by corax
Probably and nice work!

Ooh cool, I've always been tempted by a t-shirt :smile:
I also like the look of the tote bags, whenever I see someone with one, I just think to myself... you have a good music taste :u:

Haha you should get one :smile:
Hmmm I don't actually know what a tote bag is? :tongue:
Reply 95
Original post by SassKing13
Haha you should get one :smile:
Hmmm I don't actually know what a tote bag is? :tongue:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Smiths-Natural-Tote-Bag/dp/B00M0JV864

Basically a shopper/shoulder bag :smile:

Ah okay, cool :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest