The Student Room Group

Applying for Aerospace engineering

I want to apply for aerospace engineering with BTEC Electrical and Electronic engineering with A level Maths(Mechanics). Would unis accept a different field of engineering for Aerospace? Thank you
Reply 1
I'm confused. Are you now thinking of doing an MSc in Aerospace having obtained an Electrical engineering related degree? If so, then that is entirely possible :smile:
Reply 2
No im still doing A levels with a BTEC and i want to do aerospace engineering , but my BTEC is electrical and electronic will unis care about the different field of engineering.
Reply 3
Yes and a No. I have called some unis regarding that question as i am in your situation and they said it is fine and hence i applied through UCAS. LETS HOPE THAT I GET SOME OFFERS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by okikgaa
Yes and a No. I have called some unis regarding that question as i am in your situation and they said it is fine and hence i applied through UCAS. LETS HOPE THAT I GET SOME OFFERS

Posted from TSR Mobile

What unis did you apply for and what course? Are you doing this btec engineering plus a level in maths? Also whats your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Surrey, Bristol, Brunel, Queens Marry and Southampton. I applied For Aerospace Meng engineering with industrial experience. I am on my last year of Betec Electrical & Electronic engineering with predicted grades at D*D*D*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by okikgaa
Surrey, Bristol, Brunel, Queens Marry and Southampton. I applied For Aerospace Meng engineering with industrial experience. I am on my last year of Betec Electrical & Electronic engineering with predicted grades at D*D*D*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oryt thats really good. Are you doing a level maths alongside?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
No but i want to do it somehow
Reply 8
Original post by okikgaa
No but i want to do it somehow

Some people in my year are doing AS level maths cause they just realised the fact that unis want A level maths with the BTEC. Anyway you predicted grades are quite high, how did you do in your first year? What grades did you get for each unit?
Reply 9
I got 9 D out of possible 9
Can I apply to a electronic engineering degree with a IT btec and Maths A level ?
Reply 11
Original post by okikgaa
I got 9 D out of possible 9

lol that's really good I only got four Distinctions one merit and three passes I just hope they predict me DDD.
Reply 12
Original post by Shadowfang
Can I apply to a electronic engineering degree with a IT btec and Maths A level ?

I don't think they would accept that cuz as far as I know the entry requirement usually says to have a relevant subject, which means to be engineering, but theres no harm in actually contacting each uni
Good luck
I've applied to do BEng Aerospace/aeronautical Engineering at Bristol UWE, Surrey, Salford, Loughborough and Sheffield. I got an offer from UWE today:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest