The Student Room Group

Motivation really needed.

I'm currently in year 13 and I have just finished applying to uni so I should be focussing on my A2's now.

But it hasn't gone well at all this term and I can sense that. I achieved a good set of AS results as a result of hard work, but I have slacked so much this year and lost motivation to do work and I don't know why.

My classwork and homework have been slipping. (Don't know if its because the work is harder, I'm not trying hard or both)

When I sit in front of a book I just get bored and drift off. (Probably because I don't understand it)

I've noticed this problem last week. I've deliberately tried harder at school this week, engaging more in lessons. Then I said to myself when I come home I'm going to catch up on classwork. But when I get home, I completely lose motivation, and I end up just sitting at my study table reading the news or going online. This happened from Monday to Thursday, and I hardly got by, just completing the bare minimum homework.

I decided to stay at home this weekend to catch up on all the work and revision for a test... And this weekend has been a waste, I've done so little work and no revision at all.

I really need help/tips motivation. Catching up during the half term is not really ideal because I have dofe and I'm away on holiday.

So my new plan has to start from tomorrow onwards.

I'm sorry for moaning about something so petty, as I don't even have exams till May, but I really need to stay on top of things because this is my most important year, and I really need to be consistent and pull through.

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Latest